I got pneumonia for my birthday today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Oh he sounds amazing!!

Tell us more stories please? :D x

I think that people often mistake the chit chat section for a 'chat room'

Chit chat is generally for threads that are non industry related but still have discussion or questions about a subject of interest or relevance.

The top thread in this chit chat section is the 'Blog it' thread where sam explains exactly what he means by chit chat and what should be blogged.

A real chit chat discussion is one where people can contribute with their own thoughts or ideas on a subject without it just being in response to an announcement or random personal incident.

Remember the other rule on geek 'if its just for one person, PM it' if we are telling someone to get well soon then thats not a message that is relevant to anyone else.

It honestly feels like people never wish to add to a thread, they only wish to start their own.

Maybe if the mods like the idea we can have a 'daily ponderings of a geek' thread or something where people can post their thoughts / feelings / discussions at the time and 'chit chat' that doesnt have to keep on topic but contain it to one thread if people dont like blogs.

I actually included it in that post but deleted it .. don't want people to think I'm the phantom sausage virus infecting every chit chat thread that come up lol.

But enough of those thingies .. what about ProperPrincess and her rascal of a grampy eh - tap dancing and you know what .. good man!!!

That's nothing. I asked what he had been up to last week and he said he took the Mrs to ante natal. he finds himself so funny. thing is this is a well to do, smart, charming 78 yr old who nursed my nan for 40 years until she died 6 years ago. guess where he met the girlfriend. bereavement support group lol

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Chit chat is generally for threads that are non industry related but still have discussion or questions about a subject of interest or relevance.

The top thread in this chit chat section is the 'Blog it' thread where sam explains exactly what he means by chit chat and what should be blogged.

A real chit chat discussion is one where people can contribute with their own thoughts or ideas on a subject without it just being in response to an announcement or random personal incident.

Remember the other rule on geek 'if its just for one person, PM it' if we are telling someone to get well soon then thats not a message that is relevant to anyone else.

It honestly feels like people never wish to add to a thread, they only wish to start their own.

Maybe if the mods like the idea we can have a 'daily ponderings of a geek' thread or something where people can post their thoughts / feelings / discussions at the time and 'chit chat' that doesnt have to keep on topic but contain it to one thread if people dont like blogs.

i add to many threads. and answer about 20 pm messages from people i don't know asking my advice on eyelashes. i spend hours sometimes helping others.

what does everyone think about my grampy getting a back wax for the Mrs. advice and your thoughts please. xxx

ProperPrincess ... where have you been that you don't know about the s word virus????

i honestly don't know. ive totally missed it havent i honestly:)

I'm not wishing to be argumentative and I am sure you are correct in your summing up of chit chat.

We are actually having a little bit of banter very late at night with a fellow geek who is quite unwell.

Perhaps on this occasion the mods will let us get away with it.

I open many threads that are badly written, repetitive and boring - so I click back out of it and move on. No harm done.

Well that's one way to help bereavement!

I think yes to the waxing. As Andy said at the Perron rigot discovery day I went to, there's no excuse for a hairy back these days ;) x

I think chit chat is for non-industry related questions and blogs are for telling your day to day goings on.
So if you posted in chit-chat 'I've got pneumonia and I'm in bed feeling crap', then that would be a blog.
If you posted 'I've got pneumonia and I'm in bed feeling crap. Has anyone else had pneumonia and how long were you ill for?', then that could go in chit-chat.
That's how I understand it anyway. As it's a question that lots of people can answer then it can go in chit chat.
It's a bit of a grey area really as you can say what's going on and add a question at the end and then it's ok for chit chat.
It's also really awkward as most people use the app on their phone and you can't access the blogs on your phone :irked:
Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon!

Well that's one way to help bereavement!

I think yes to the waxing. As Andy said at the Perron rigot discovery day I went to, there's no excuse for a hairy back these days ;) x

Lol I quite like a hairy back but only on men ;) x

Haha! Oh he sounds amazing!!

Tell us more stories please? :D x

he's in the middle of "renovating" a second hand chicken coup i bought him. to save money on eggs 'i go though 6 eggs a week Clare' uh gramp it Will cost u more to feed them and they Will annoy thread neighbours. ah well i never thought of that, well they might wake the silly sod next door up. he's half dead and hes younger than me. maybe ill introduce him to that jean lady. maybe she's his type, she wasnt mine. why isbt she your type gramp "she drives a ford fiesta" lol

he's in the middle of "renovating" a second hand chicken coup i bought him. to save money on eggs 'i go though 6 eggs a week Clare' uh gramp it Will cost u more to feed them and they Will annoy thread neighbours. ah well i never thought of that, well they might wake the silly sod next door up. he's half dead and hes younger than me. maybe ill introduce him to that jean lady. maybe she's his type, she wasnt mine. why isbt she your type gramp "she drives a ford fiesta" lol

Ooh, I wish Grampy was 30 years younger!!! He sounds like just my type lol xx

I'm not wishing to be argumentative and I am sure you are correct in your summing up of chit chat.

We are actually having a little bit of banter very late at night with a fellow geek who is quite unwell.

Perhaps on this occasion the mods will let us get away with it.

I open many threads that are badly written, repetitive and boring - so I click back out of it and move on. No harm done.

It doesnt matter to me what is posted on geek, I just stop coming around so much like so many others. But just as an FYI as being treated as a bit of a party pooper, that I made my first post on this thread before your fun 'banter' started.

Ooh, I wish Grampy was 30 years younger!!! He sounds like just my type lol xx

bless. he's a flirt. he would cause you nothing but trouble.

It doesnt matter to me what is posted on geek, I just stop coming around so much like so many others. But just as an FYI as being treated as a bit of a party pooper, that I made my first post on this thread before your fun 'banter' started.

but its ok to have a music game or towie or xfactor thread?

if i have caused any offence to anyone i fully understand and accept if a mod was to lock, close this thread.

i was simply seeking some company from my phone x

I don't think you are a party pooper at all.

And you are quite correct you did make your post before we started bantering.

And its a shame you don't come on Salon Geek more often but I would be disappointed if it was because of a thread such as this.

You're a lovely geek so respect to your views.

Jacqui xx

Last edited:
I don't think you are a party pooper at all.

And you are quite correct you did make your post before we started bantering.

And its a shame you don't come on Salon Geek more often but I would be disappointed if it was because of a thread like such as this.

You're a lovely geek so respect to your views.

Jacqui xx

here here xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back