I have a stretched ear lobe hole...Piercings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I had my ears pierced when i was about 12 i think....over the years my hole has stretched and its beginning to bother me...Rob brought me a lovely pair of earing's for Christmas but they don't sit right because of my hole...they look like they are falling out. In the angle you can actually see daylight through my hole.

I have heard that you can have corrective surgery for this but i don't think i want to go that far....:eek: I was thinking about having a new hole done above my existing hole...but am worried that this might then stretch into my other hole and i will end up with 1 mahooosive hole...:lol: I have also heard about these ear lobe support patches Official Website of Lobe Wonder but can only find them in USA...

anyone else have this problem...or any solutions...?

I had my ears pierced when i was about 12 i think....over the years my hole has stretched and its beginning to bother me...Rob brought me a lovely pair of earing's for Christmas but they don't sit right because of my hole...they look like they are falling out. In the angle you can actually see daylight through my hole.

I have heard that you can have corrective surgery for this but i don't think i want to go that far....:eek: I was thinking about having a new hole done above my existing hole...but am worried that this might then stretch into my other hole and i will end up with 1 mahooosive hole...:lol: I have also heard about these ear lobe support patches Official Website of Lobe Wonder but can only find them in USA...

anyone else have this problem...or any solutions...?

You can buy them patches from Amazon Angie :hug: LINK

The customer reviews on the Amazon site say they are a wonderful find... so maybe they would be just the ticket for you?

thanks Jen, sold out though...i'll have to keep checking to see if they get them back in stock again. x

You could have your lobes re-pierced in a suitable position,if the original hole will allow that.

A good solution would be to start by visiting a trusted body piercer, one with a really good rep & ask them to look at it for you.
If theres a good position for it (& there likely will be), they could neatly & quickly pierce it with a needle & use a nice piece of titanium jewellery, in the ideal thickness to heal a good, strong piercing, & it would be completely accurate, which you want in a tiny space :)

& to stop the new hole elongating, be careful what earrings you wear.
If you like wearing heavy, dangly earrings, make sure the post is'nt too thin a wire,
as the weight of the earring will pull the wire & cut/stretch the hole over time.
& don't wear them for too long.

hth's :hug:

thanks apex...i've took a pic to show you...:lol:...just have to find the lead to the camera now...

found the lead...:) here is my baggy hole...see how odd the one with the earing looks...like its falling out.

OMG i can see grey hairs !!!!.

Attachments

• stuff dec 2009 218.jpg
    stuff dec 2009 218.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 56,479
  • stuff dec 2009 217.jpg
    stuff dec 2009 217.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 32,098
mine are like that, too many years of huge dangly earings when i was younger.

if you buy some different backs for them they should be fine. look for ones that have a clear disk of plastic thats about 8-10mm across and when they are in place it spreads the weight of the earing and makes them sit correctly.

works for me.

I have exactly the same problem with both my ear lobes the left is much worse than the right it is a problem when I want to wear studs or like you say Angie my earrings sit oddly and look as though they are falling out, I might take up the advice from Apex and go to a body piercer for advice, it stems from my years as a Punk/Romantic and making my own earrings with the strangest of heavy objects mostly from the plumbing center :eek: always different in each ear :lol:. That was the 80`s for you! lol

:lol: Thats funny, Glitz!

I see what you mean, Angie, the holes are quite elongated, are'nt they?

If you wanted to go with re-piercing, I don't think they'd be able to place the new hole centrally, theres not a lot of space between the cartilage & the top of the hole (fistula), so it would need to be placed to the side of the fistula you have (but I couldn't be certain without checking in person).

I've never seen the earring backs the ladies above have mentioned, but they sound like a useful alternative, as displacing the weight of your earrings over a larger area would put less pressure on the hole, as its pressure & weight thats caused the problem to happen.

I'd keep an eye on the fistula, & if, in the future, you think its elongated further, a re-pierce would be the safest option, to avoid it pulling right through.

:hug:

I know what backs you are all referring too but i never wear those kind of earings....i only wear full hoops/huggies as in pic 2. I don't like studs.

I might just have to learn to love my baggy ear lobe holes...:lol:

Apex you've been a great help and i really do like the sound of having a new hole done...but like you said i ain't sure that there is room...i'[ll pop into a proper piercers and get their advise. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back