I have just had a horrendous intimate waxing first attempt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitalityTherapies

Reaction score
Well ladies I have always been afraid of waxing and decided to recently bite the bullet and do a refresher and train in intimate waxing. So, I booked in my first free client today and it was horrendous. I stopped half way as I had really hurt her and we were both hot and bothered and the wax wasnt coming off and all in all it was awful. These are the main points:

I used a heated blanket for my massage which I did first for the lady and I used a plastic sheet (like a bed protector) on top of the couch - I think a mixture of both of these made her hot and sweaty - as did the pain I put her through.

I can't work out how to use hot wax so that the end of the wax isnt on hair as the hair ended on her 'intimate' area. I'm just completely confused.

Her hair was quite long - do more of you shave it?
I made her bleed / damaged her skin! I've never done that.

I really hope someone can give me a few guidance points as I'm close to tears :(

bless you don't be sad you tried :) I literally just took a call from someone for the same thing and I said sorry I couldn't do it. I am qualified but had a bad experience so gave up which I know isnt good!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would always trim the hair, apply a very thin layer of oil before applying the wax as this stops it from sticking to the skin and makes removal of wax easier

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

have you attended the refresher training yet or were you preparing yourself for training? on intimate wax training you will be taught to trim hair first where needed, and they will also show you how to apply the wax so that it can be removed even in hairy areas. the heated blanket and plastic certainly wont have helped, clammy skin and wax arent a good combo.
I know you are disheartened but dont let it knock you too much, learn from the experience and keep practising x

Thanks both. Ive done the refresher and trained in intimate now. But I wasn't shown to trim and wasn't shown how to was when the hair is like it was over the labia

doesnt sound like very good training to me :( were you happy with the training when you attended?
like Brooke_09 i use a pre oil which helps the wax adhere to the hair rather than the skin. i use perron rigot jasmine oil, epilation lotion and the euroblonde non strip wax. maybe get lots of practice in using non strip wax on other areas just to really get the hang of it. not sure if there any videos/tutorials out on the web, i'll keep an eye out for you. you could also pop up a help needed post- maybe say what area you live in and good any geeks be available who live near by for a bit of one to one x

When you apply the wax to the bottom of the lip area, continue your strip down past the lip and wing it out on to the bum cheek. This should give you a good handle on a hair free area and you can get a good grip of your wax for a swift removal. Also if in doubt, leave your wax on to set for an extra minute. Perron doesn't go brittle or snap so it's safe to leave that bit longer if needed.

I've been on this site for a long time and cannot tell you the amount of times I see posts like this. There are geeks on here who have trained in intimate and gone through exactly what you're going through.

Did you actually get to do an intimate wax on your training? Did you come away thinking 'I can do that'?. There is a lot of great training out there but there is also some shockingly crap training as well. Many geeks on here have done just as you and then given up as it's so awful. Have you got any follow up support? Can you contact your trainer for some advice?

We can give tips and hints on here but there are reasons the top intimate wax trainers are so booked up, and that is because geeks want to come away knowing how to wax and that's what happens with great training.

Were you taught to wax around the bottom or was it just a front intimate?
I trained with Kim Lawless some years ago and I love doing Brazilians because they're such a money spinner!

Vic x

My advice would be don't give up!! If you can get enough practise to build up your confidence, it will be well worth it.

My advice would be to never offer a massage before a wax (anywhere on the body), as this really stimulates all the nerves and blood vessels, so as much as she may feel more relaxed, she's also more likely to be more sensitive, and also more likely to bleed.

Also never be afraid to ask the client to help you stretch the skin to get a good smooth application. I regularly have a Hollywood and sometimes when it's a different therapist they feel nervous asking me to 'hold' bits. I'm not the skinniest girl in the world, and down there I'm certainly not nice and toned - but I'd much rather be asked to help stretch then end up with more sore bits!!

Don't loose heart, put this down to being a learning curve and move onwards and upwards!

I had a similar situation last month and it really knocked my confidence. I actually wrote a post about it lol. I picked myself back up and got practising straight away on my friends and family and it went fine. Took me a while because I was scared but I managed to remove everything without making them feel extreme pain.

Don't give up, as a therapist I am sure we will all have a horror story at some point in our careers. Just keep practising and you will be fine :)

I've been on this site for a long time and cannot tell you the amount of times I see posts like this. There are geeks on here who have trained in intimate and gone through exactly what you're going through.

Did you actually get to do an intimate wax on your training? Did you come away thinking 'I can do that'?. There is a lot of great training out there but there is also some shockingly crap training as well. Many geeks on here have done just as you and then given up as it's so awful. Have you got any follow up support? Can you contact your trainer for some advice?

We can give tips and hints on here but there are reasons the top intimate wax trainers are so booked up, and that is because geeks want to come away knowing how to wax and that's what happens with great training.

Were you taught to wax around the bottom or was it just a front intimate?
I trained with Kim Lawless some years ago and I love doing Brazilians because they're such a money spinner!

Vic x

agree completely, kims training was a complete inspiration made me feel skilled and in the time that followed and even now if needed I was able to contact her and ask any questions needed and she is so quick in getting back to you

agree completely, kims training was a complete inspiration made me feel skilled and in the time that followed and even now if needed I was able to contact her and ask any questions needed and she is so quick in getting back to you

There are very few trainers who do this as well, I did my training almost 2 years ago and recently asked for help with something and got an quick and super helpful email back within 24hours. Wouldn't look past her for training :)

I would second what everyone is saying about further training. I had an awful experience with just a regular bikini wax (luckily it was on a very good friend and not a client) and after that I booked straight onto training with Kim. My same friend was the first guinea pig after I trained and she was amazed at the difference in my confidence and how much better the products were than what I was using before.

Awe don't give up! We've all had a bad intimate waxing experience, I know my first was definitely not top notch, but when it comes to us having bad experiences it pushes us to do better the next time. Dont be so hard on yourself, keep training and remember confidence is key. Just know even some of the best beauticians had to start somewhere, we all have to

Latest posts

Back