I have my first booking!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo1

Reaction score
Well after my post last week where you told me to go for it, I did It, sorted leaflets, buisness cards and did my website, well today I had my first phonecall and booking, she found me on google, how fab!!

She has had her nails done for years, and had various techs. At the mo she goes to a salon that does White tips with pink acrylic over the top and they need to be soaked off and started again every 3 weeks!!!! So she wants pinks and whites. She even Asked if she can book me in advance for her rebalances!!

So I'm very excited but also nervous! Can anyone give me any tips for my first client, I'm worried I'm gonna get in a flap ! Also I didn't ask her about where i can do it. Do I bring a table incase? What about chairs? She also said she is going to soak off the tips she has so I can start over,

TIA
faye

Hi Faye

This is purely based on a similar sounding client that I encountered very early on............

I would say just try and remain very calm and contained, and don't worry about how long you are there - make sure she is aware that you are a newbie and that you porbably won't be a fast as others may have been.

If she doesn't have a table suitable (or that you feel comfortable working at with your chemical products) then ask if you can use her ironing board - a bit skinny, but a lot safer and you can set the perfect height for you both!

Also, if she has already had 'many' previous techs, beware as she might well be quite used to quizzing them on what they are doing. Politely talk her thru each step and show that you know what you are talking about. I often find out this way what steps other techs have missed out, and am able to seem much more of a knowledgeable service to the client.

The fact that she has her nails soaked off so regularly, would also lead me to be prepared for some potentially very weak nails - BE GENTLE - but don't skimp on the prep!

Good luck, maybe post a blog and let us all know how you get on
X

I would love to know how you get on, just be calm and when you pack your stuff just remember not to forget anything you need. Im new to all this as well and I am so nervous with every set of nails they have incase I do a bad set of they arent happy.

Just be confident and do talk her through what you are doing and why you are doing it, I would take your table in the car incase you do need it, just hope she has chairs the right hight for it. You could always give her a call back just to check with her to put your mind as ease????

Take a picture of them for us all to see, look forward to hearing about it ready for when I get some clients.

aahh - good luck :)

I remember my very first salon client. I was sooooo nervous - she booked a manicure and of course wanted red polish.

I shook for ages - the lovely lady knew she was my first 'stranger' and held my hand until I calmed down!!

I am sure you will do just fine :)

Gina x

Latest posts

Back