I know, too early-Christmas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relax

Reaction score
I know our all thumbing how can I be talking about Christmas holidays already BUT last year I had 2 weddings in the week between Christmas and the new year and the salon was so busy from the day after boxing day.
I have none of my regulars getting married at Christmas this year and with 3 young kids I would love too take the week between Christmas and the new year off, is this crazy to even think about doing this????

I worked in a salon last year and we took that week off x

Book it off. Family's far more important than business in my opinion.

I agree book it off! I will be having Xmas eve off, right through until new years eve, enjoy your family time x

O god i wish i could take the few days off in between.
I too have 3 kids and always work flat out late nights/early starts in the run up to sodding xmas.
We then finish on xmas eve late afternoon and its a mad dash to get home n sorted with 3 kids bouncing off the walls!
I find it all so very stressful because we get xmas day,boxing day and maybe 1 more day although i think this years just xmas day and boxing day and its straight back into it before new years.:(

I know this year as xmas eve falls on the Sunday we will get that day off and i cant tell you how over the moon i am about it.It means i can take youngest 2 to see santa instead of hubby doing it on his own(which is every year normally :-( )
and hopefully ease myself into it more!

All our regular blodry clients that come in on new years and xmas eve didnt bat an eyelid when we said we arent open as they fall on Sundays and they were more than happy to book the Saturday instead which makes me think the only reason we get bookings is because its offered,not because its always requested.

Id love just 1 year when we shut up shop on the day before xmas eve and go back the day after new years.It really would make such a difference.

We put in such massive hours and stress throughout festivities that i never really get time to relax and enjoy it all :sad:

I never work Christmas eve anymore, if people want stuff done I work all the hours leading up and then take it off, so I can relax and enjoy Christmas with my family.
I usually work 1or 2 days before new years eve but not usually on new years eve !
None of my clients mind, I have never lost someone because I do this !
Christmas is a busy time and yes we all want to make money then as Jan can be awful, but my family is important too !
X

I never work Christmas eve anymore, if people want stuff done I work all the hours leading up and then take it off, so I can relax and enjoy Christmas with my family.
I usually work 1or 2 days before new years eve but not usually on new years eve !
None of my clients mind, I have never lost someone because I do this !
Christmas is a busy time and yes we all want to make money then as Jan can be awful, but my family is important too !
X

I stopped doing xmas eve too a few years back. We found a lot of clients that booked would cancel last minute. We extended opening hours over festive period but no to xmas eve and simce having kids i definatelt wouldnt, hubby books it off and we take kids to see santa :) i want them to enjoy the magic of it while theyre still so young (1 & almost 3) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My minds made up I am DEF taking it off.
But I could not push it too take Xmas eve off although I had thought about working the day before Xmas eve (Sunday) and taking from the Monday off.

I've always worked between Christmas and new year but am only going to do 1 long day in between (possibly 2) and that's it. I haven't got kids myself but I have 1yr old godson that I 'need' to entertain considering this is his first 'proper' Christmas :) x

I always work as that is when my clients need me!

Irrespective of it being the 24th of December or the 24th of June I am here to provide a service that they pay for.

I am lucky that I am not tied by children or salon opening times.

I love what I do and I would work on Christmas too as it's just another day for me!

Latest posts

Back