I lashed myself!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms.Diva

Reaction score
I'll post pics in my albums.
I used a new technique I learned recently.
Do any of you guys self-lash?

Ooh share! I'm soo desp to do my own but don't know where to start x

Most importantly use sensitive glue suitable for open eye techniques.

I learned the application of Express Lashes on my Advanced Course and I just simply adapted it a bit to do it on myself!

Very very very important is to remove after one to two weeks (yes, I have removed lashes safely on myself also without any stinging LOL)

Did you learn the Express Lash technique?

Express Lashes don't require isolation, just simply pop them on and they cling to a couple at a time hence the need to remove them before any lash damage can occur from new lashes growing up etc.

There is are more tips I learned regarding how to keep the set looking uniform. Before I was shown that technique, my express sets that i attempted on myself were rubbish! Extensions lying every which way all over the place! LOL!

Sorry RachP, was very late when typing last night and didn't finish: I used the following sizes:

My own lashes are super short (about 8mm can you believe!).... I put a layer of C.15x9 on first and then C.15x11 and a few C.20x13 to create the length. I

My own technique which I've adapted when self-applying is to work UNDER the lashes. I open my eye and place the lashes under my own (Please don't sue yourself If you end up with a pair of tweezers stuck in your eyeball) This procedure is highly dangerous but my fellow Irish Geeks (I post on that group mainly) will tell you. I'm a bit of a nut-bag. Am game to try anything! LOL

I do my own all the time too :) I used to have them continuously but couldn't reach over my bump for the last few months of my pregnancy and have only done them once since my baby was born, not enough free time to sit and do them! I do really miss them now! I am planning on doing them later today though if I get the time as I am out tonight so I will try and remember to take a pic to upload!
I have had a look at your pics, absolutley brill set on yourself :) x

I also do them under the lash, (I missed that part of your thread when I first read it!) but I lie down with a mirror under my face, that way if you drop a lash etc it doesn't go into your eye :) x

Well done Ms D - how clever are you doing your own - they look lovely...

Vicki
xx:hug:

well done, lovely results x

Thanks guys!!

I removed my self-applicated lashes yesterday, which was the 15th May. I had them on for 10 days and by the last day, they felt awfully uncomfortable, as if there was a pulling sensation on my own lashes and my lashline felt so itchy. When I removed them, there was no damage at all, but what a relief!
I'm going to lash myself again and this time, I'm going to remove them a week to the day I applied them.
If I ever offer to do the Express Lash method on paying clients (which I don't really want to offer seeing as it goes against everything I've learned in the Individuals) then I'm definitely going to ask them to come back for removal one week later (well, I know that this would be quite impossible if they were to go on a 2 week holiday wearing the lashes. LOL)

By the way, I feel quite naked right now! Booooo!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I tried my own and nearly had my eye out but I didn't think about going underneath. I think most therapists are crackers when it comes to doing treatments for themselve. We will squeeze and pick everything in sight, pull off our nail extensions to be quick and try out any new product on ourselves.

Thanks again!:green:

I do the express technique as well if doing my own. But it still takes me ages to do. I'll try applying on the underneath next time, but worried i'll poke myself in the eye as I always poke my eyelid when doing them lol xxx

i would love to do this cant wait for the pics x

Do you mean the seperate lashes that are clumps or semi permanent?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

@JemmaB

I only use the single strand lashes normally used for semi-permanent EE.

I love the way these are tapered to a fine point at the end, thus look really natural.

Don't like how cluster lashes are blunt cut at the end.

I still haven't re-lashed as have had a couple of clients and trying to juggle my lash studio around two active sons!

Hey! There's a solution! I'll teach my sons to lash me and give them pocket money in return. Then they can take over the business in a few years :D

I'll rename it "Ms.DIVA and sons"

Yep me too i just wanted to clarify they were the ones you use on yourself. That must take a lot of practise and time!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back