I lost 12lb in 2.5 weeks, no shakes and no exercise lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you been taking paiyouji tea?

Have you been doing bootcamp detox? I have just finished week 1 an I've lost 2 inches from my waist an hips an 1 inch every where else!! No weight lost as yet because it's turned into muscle, I'm so toned all over I can't believe it!! Got 3 more weeks to go, strict diet an very hard exercise bootcamps but so worth the amazing results!! :)

No weight lost as yet because it's turned into muscle, I'm so toned all over I can't believe it!!

Well technically you have lost weight (fat). It hasnt 'turned' to muscle as fat doesnt turn into muscle. You have lost fat and built muscle. But well done. x

Is this a guessing game,lol.
Are you minus a leg??

I'm trying the Dukan diet, you can lose up to 10lb in first week. protein only for 1st week. just made some dukan oatmeal cookie so allowed a cookie now wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.xx:p (there probably rank,ha ha.)

OK time to spill the beans . . .:wink2:

It's all to do with Leptin resistance. You can google it and read proper detailed explanations of it but my take on it is this:

Leptin's is a hormone discovered in 1994 which tells our brain when there is fat in our body.

Sometimes things go wrong (for reasons such as overeating carbs, emotional/physical stress or stress for the body such as not getting enough sleep or not giving the body a break between meals (at least 4/5 hours) to get over a meal before putting the next one in.

When things go wrong, the brain can't detect any leptin so can't detect fat. It immediately shuts down the fat-burning process and instead burns sugar for energy. This leads to constant cravings and needing to eat often.

To kick the system back into being Leptin sensitive again, and to start burning fat again instead of sugar, a diet of very little carbohydrate but most of all no sugar is recommended for at least 21 days.

The symptoms of leptin resistance sounded so much like me, I decided to give it a try. Now I'm not one for being restricted normally but there was no counting or weighing and I can honestly say I wasn't hungry once from the day I began and when you get on the scales EVERY DAY and they're down, it's enough to keep you on track.

Frightening, when you start reading packets and tins, how much sugar there is in everything. Oh, and things like low fat mayo and low fat coleslaw have more sugar in that the full fat varieties.

Even some fruit/veg are too sweet so nothing like tomatoes, carrots or strawberries. You can google it and get food lists but to give you an idea, a typical day for me would be:

Bacon & Egg & mushrooms (you could fry as long as it was in a good oil such as walnut or almond - they are full of the right sort of fat which doesn't block your arteries.) And apparently a protein brekkie tells the body its going to be a fat burning day.

salad with olives, chopped nuts, coleslaw, peppered mackerel/chicken/turkey/basically any meat or fish, and as much of it as you want. . . . really.

Meat or fish again for tea, you can use a sauce/gravy if you can find a low sugar one, as many different veggies as you can find.

For puddings I would have sugar free jelly, (my naughty bit an inch of squirty cream) and a handful of broken nuts (mixed) NOT PEANUTS they are legumes and not allowed

no fruit or dried fruit or juice.

There you are. That's it. No hunger pangs, nothing and for me, the best bit is no energy dips.

I believe the weight loss steadies off after the initial period and I intend adding in things like tomatoes, carrots, juice etc this next week and perhaps a bit of rice or potato but I'm going to go steady. I have another 1 - 1.5stone to lose and I might follow Slimming Worlds diet for that as I'm not sure it would be sensible to stay on this for longer and it doesn't say you have to.

But it makes sense not to overdo the carbs and sugar again as it's soon going to make you leptin resistant again.

(The break between meals and leaving at least 12-14 hours overnight with no food is imperative apparently for the body to restore itself.)

I'm taking a multi vit too as it makes sense.

I know it's not sensible but in the past I have eaten 800-900 cals a day and not lost this much, nothing like.

And for the record, I've done no exercise at all.

I don't claim to know it all . . . please don't think that, but I thought by sharing it might help others who like to see results quickly to be inspired!

Google leptin resistance, there's actually quite a lot on it. I stumbled on when I was looking into why you get cravings for carbs, which I admit I was getting every hour or two and getting bigger and I thought, this just can't go on!

I don't know if this is similar to any other diets but the point for me was what was going on inside the body. It made so much SENSE. It wasn't just about "don't eat that because it'll make you fat" or "don't have too much because that's greedy".

So there you are, the mystery is over.

Last edited:
Is this a guessing game,lol.
Are you minus a leg??

I'm trying the Dukan diet, you can lose up to 10lb in first week. protein only for 1st week. just made some dukan oatmeal cookie so allowed a cookie now wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.xx:p (there probably rank,ha ha.)

Think you posted while I was writing my loooooooooooooooong post lol
Does sound similar in some ways.

I've tried this. I'm soooo bad at sticking to it! Think I will just stick to exercise i.e actually going out and doing my leaflet drop! Lol x

I've tried this. I'm soooo bad at sticking to it! Think I will just stick to exercise i.e actually going out and doing my leaflet drop! Lol x

There's no doubt exercise is soooo good for you, I must try to make time for more of it x

Yep, it's basically what Dr Atkins has been saying for ages. Your body doesn't need the amount of sugar we put into it, so it gets converted into fat when it is not used for energy.
The body goes through converted sugar first, then will move onto fat for burning fuel if it uses all the glycogen. Hence why restricting sugar intake (carbs) we see fast results with weight loss.

I went from 10st 9lb down to 9st
on the Dukan diet. Have stabilised at 9st 2lb now ....

Don't know anything about the Dukan diet, does it work on a similar principle?

(btw did an exercise class today, great fun! And another 2lb lighter this morning)

I've just done the attack phase of the dukan diet and lost 9 lbs in a week. i wasn't hungry at all and had no cravings which for me is unusual. usually the first night i go to bed thinking about kfc!! the fact that you can drink diet fizzy drinks was a god send and towards the end of the week i treated myself to a non fat hot chocolate. i am having a week off from it to kick my metabolism in the butt and then continuing with it next week. its defo worth a look if you are looking for a lifestyle change or to be honest, even though i know its not good for you, a quick "omg my holiday is next week" fix :)
x

I think I might try this leptins diet. I have only ever lost weight on the celebrity slim diet, it was too much too quick and I felt ill with it. I hope this doesn't do the same. I really need to shift some timber, I'm only 32, but I ache a lot.

Omg, first day of this diet yesterday and I've just weight myself. After 1 day I've lost 3lb. :-D

Haha I tried this for one day after speaking to blossom and failed miserably. Going to start again tomorrow! I love my carbs too much. Although I had tuna salad etc for dinner and no carbs but was starving after. Need to eat more fruit to fill me up. Also I'm used to eating before bed as I eat dinner at 4 when my son finishes school so by 8 in hungry. Will put more effort in this week :) x

I can honestly say I'm not hungry, but I'm only in day 2 lol

can you give some ideas of what to have for brekkie etc ?

I so need to try this (sat here eating snack a jax's!)
I crave sugar all the time and recently because of stress am eating way too much chocolate/cake etc.
I use to get to the gym 4/5 times a week and my weight stayed level and I ate sensibly now I work too much and don't go to the gym enough 1 or 2 a week and eat too much sugar because it's quick.
Grrr I get so cross with myself for putting on weight.
Right I am starting now !
7 weeks till my cousins hen do in Spain so good motivation !
Well done Blossom ! X

can you give some ideas of what to have for brekkie etc ?

For breakfast I have 2 rashes of grilled bacon and 2 scrambled eggs, dinner, ham and cheese omelette and tea chicken breast with assorted veg.

Think I will have to give this a try!!!

Latest posts

Back