I need a strong overlay to play my guitar.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in a fix. I play steel string fingerstyle guitar and this means I need to protect the nails on my right hand, as they just get ripped to bits otherwise.

I've tried nail varnish, but that takes about 12 coats - I've tried acrylic, but can't get a consistent thickness from salons - I've tried applying acrylic myself, but I just make a complete mess of it every time.

What can I do to get a consistent thickness of something tough on my nails, which will last for more than a few days and stay intact despite heavy abuse from guitar strings?

Any advice would be very much appreciated indeed. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Rab

you need a proper nail technician!!
youve come to the right place!!
where abouts are you in scotland,? as we have a lots of technicians more than competant to advise you

I think L&P Acrylic would be the way to go .....if it is good enough for Sir Paul McCartney then I am sure it is for you :lol:

You just need to find the right Technician who will apply it to suit your particular needs.

Hey thanks a lot!

I live in Perth. Sounds like I need to see a nail expert who can give me good accurate on the spot advice for what my nails need.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rab:)

You could have UV Gel, i love this as a natural overlay.

My fella plays the guitar alot and says when he has had a rest his pads feel sooo sore. I personally think an acrlylic overlay is the way to go (maybe even a short tip too), he just wouldn't let me do it.:cry:

Teri x:hug:

I have a lovely gentleman that plays the guitar and i use acrylic over his nails and he swears by them he actually lives in wales but come to have is nails done when he visits friends. Not only do they work for him be he admitted he quite like the pamper... he's one of my favourite clients.

sounds like you just needthe right nail tech hun :green:

Latest posts

Back