I passed! and mobile prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkangel

Reaction score
Hi All:biggrin:

I am a very happy bunny today, having passed both my theory and practical exams this week in mani and pedi. Yippee!!!! My first step on the long road that is my dream of being a good knowledgeable nail tech!!! I can't believe how good it feels to have taken that first step! So now its practise, practise and more practise for me. Oh, and my attention can now turn to my enhancements course - I'm all fired up!!!!:lol:

Anyway, my real reason for this thread is -

for those of you who are mobile and also work in a home salon - do you have different prices for mobile - I'm conscious of the additional costs, travelling expenses, time etc and wondered whether anyone had a different pricing structure depending on whether you went to the client or they came to you?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jackie xx

Hi Jackie, another Suffolk geeg.:)

I work from home and offer mobile two days a week. I don't charge extra for mobile, although I only cover my local town... anthing further and they have to come to me.

When people phone they always ask if I charge extra for mobile. They like something for nothing:rolleyes: , so if you are thinking of going mobile I would include your extra expenses (time for travel, petrol) in with your prices.

hth

i would charge the extra £1 or something like that depends on the treatment you are doing. At the end of the day when you do mobile and have to travel you have to have business insurance on your car and sometimes your insurance will go up. You only can claim your petrol, tax, etc on your books if you have business insurance.

congrats hunni xxxxxx

I am mobile but don't have a salon as yet. I will still be offering mobile services for two days per week when I get my salon as I have a few pensioners I wouldn't want to let down.

I don't think you should charge extra unless you are travelling out of your working radius. I believe you should charge for your time per treatment and your prices shouldn't differ if you are one company for eg, mobile manicure or in salon manicure, if I were a client strapped for cash I'd go for the cheaper and if I wanted the home visit I'd expect a very good reason for your prices being different.

My prices are that little bit more expensive than the other mobile nail techs in the area but I worked them out that way so that when I get the salon, I hopefully won't feel the strain on costs.

Hope this helps!

xxxx

Latest posts

Back