I surrender, i'm giving up.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do, if you change career completely then that might be the right thing for you, follow your gut feelings. Or if you just have a change for a while, at least you know you already have so much knowledge about nails to build on, and you can come back to it whenever you feel ready.

Keep your chin up, you must be feeling a bit down so here's a few :hug: :hug: :hug: xx

Wish I could help more - but I think everyone here has felt like you at some time or another.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.:hug:

I feel the same way. It seems as if all my appointments this week have canceled for various reasons, some work related, one in hospital, two tans got stuck due to flood (genuine) etc. etc. I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall at the moment, two steps forward and one back. I just try more advertising and wonder how long I will go on trying to make it work.

Lots of luck Jacqui with whichever path you choose to follow :hug:

They do say as soon as you stop its comes flooding back, so hang on in there with doing family etc.

Good luck with wotever you choose,

Becki xxx

I just wanted to wish you luck and send a :hug:.

I can't add anything more to what has already been said.

Teri x:hug:

Thanks guy's,
You don't realise how much the replies and support from you all helps me, it's great to know where all here for each other.:hug:

even though i sympathise with your situation, perhaps you are doing the right thing ........
Don't expect too much, go back to basics (yourself ,mates , family ...etc), then build yourself up from there with no expectations, you may surprise yourself (word travels fast, but it also travels slow) if you know what i mean...
Yeah, I think I should go back to basics, with more training in between and with the kind offer from Peter Pan, I will be visit her when we can arrange somethingto build up my confidence.

If your quality is up to par, you will eventually make it.

Many have high expectations in this industry (any many are led to believe they will make it (by people wanting to make money from them by offering education), although the market is being saturated) ..... whoooshka (qualified), then instant success ...... NOT.
I knew it would be hard work with lot's of training, just didn't expect hubby's problems to get in the way.

Welcome to the real world .... if you feel you are good and your work looks good in comparison to what you see out and about, .... keep at it.
I thought my work was good in comparison to some others but I wouldn't say they were perfect, I still need a lot more training.

Slow and steady sometimes wins, in all reality it does depend on your "talent" and ability (compared to others), many educators won't tell you this, they will be only too happy to take your money and cut you loose as a so called professional without explaining the pitfalls and competitiveness you will experience.

Above all, be honest with yourself.... if your work looks good and lasts well .... persist, but if you do ****e nails quite while you are ahead rather than investing in an artistic field, when in fact you may/are not be capable of competing.

Judge yourself ..... , be honest with yourself ......don't listen to people that just wanna take your money, when in fact "we all have limitations as to what we can do/achieve"
Thanks Carl,
You have given me a lot to think about.

Listen to Carl .... !!
Everything he says is exactly right.
Oh I definately will be.
Your age is perfect. Just need to find the right salon to take me on.
But 'part time' nails only ever nets 'part time' results and 'part time' money.
Maybe your expectations are unrealistic for the area in which you live.
But if you are doing good work, then the folks will find you eventually.
So keep your hand in but try to relax about it.
My guess is that it is not the last time you will be doing nails.
Good luck whatever you do and do NOT take it personally.

It definately won't be the last time I do nails, I will still do my own, family's and of course Holly's (nail trainer) and I know in the back of my mind I would have to start again because it's the only thing I'm happy doing.:lol:

Latest posts

Back