I was Samuel's model today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal

Reaction score
Only last night had I posted on Lily and Herman's site that the people I would really like to do my nails were Samuel Sweet and Marian Newman - today I was Samuel's model for the Leeds session of 'The Scientist and The Geek'. Excited was not the word when Sam chose me!!! And I was shaking!!!

I got a copy of Doug Schoon's book and he signed it for me. I can't believe how easy to understand he makes the chemistry behind nail enhancements. I was so engrossed in what he was saying when he was doing his presentation.

Samuel had already prepped 2 of my nails (1 of which he had to do again because I'd caught it on a paper towel, I was very embarrassed!! :o

He started off showing us smile lines, then did a section on the apex and finished off with custom blending. It was fab, so glad I went, I have learnt so much more.

There was only about 10 of us for Samuel's section (15 for Doug's) and this worked out really well because it felt more like a classroom session and we were all able to see really close up when Samuel demonstrated.

I have come home with some goodies (of course) and am ready to have a practice before my nail biting mate comes round tomorrow for a full set!

KateYork - it was lovely to meet you, hope your set on your nail biter friend goes well!

Mrs Geek - really wanted to say hello to you as I was leaving but you were in the middle of a conversation so I didn't want to interupt, hopefully meet you another time :biggrin:

Big thank you to Doug and Samuel.

I hope everyone else who went to one of these sessions enjoyed it as much as me??

xxx

wow what a great day you had, dont suppose they are coming to little old leicester are they, know one special ever comes here....

so glad you enjoyed the day xxx

amberrose said:
wow what a great day you had, dont suppose they are coming to little old leicester are they, know one special ever comes here....

so glad you enjoyed the day xxx

Thank you Amber. I don't think they are going to Leicester, I think it's their last day tomorrow (in Essex?)

xxx

You are so lucky Sal, wish that was me. :green: :hug:

What goodies did you get?

Sal said:
Mrs Geek - really wanted to say hello to you as I was leaving but you were in the middle of a conversation so I didn't want to interupt, hopefully meet you another time :biggrin:

Ahhh Sal - what a shame - always interrupt... I can go on forever!!! ;) So glad you had fun!!! :hug:

Mrs Geek said:
Ahhh Sal - what a shame - always interrupt... I can go on forever!!! ;) So glad you had fun!!! :hug:

And me, not much hope for anyone else when I do get to chat to you :D

Rose143 said:
You are so lucky Sal, wish that was me. :green: :hug:

What goodies did you get?

Hi Rose

I bought a copy of Doug Schoon's book, a 16oz Retention + with the custom colour blending kit for free!!!!!!!! Some bits such as citru soak etc.

And then I had to get out before I spent anymore!!

I really am trying to hold back until Olympia!

Hi Sal

Was lovely to meet you to. I knew you'd be straight on here!!

Have you shown your boyfriend your amazing nails yet? - was he impressed??:wink2:

Totally agree with you - it was a fantastic day and I'm sooooooooo glad I took the time to go, it was more than worth it. I learnt so much from them both - can't wait to sit down and start reading the book (must admit I did read a bit while stuck in some horrendous traffic on my way home!!)

I was so jealous of you getting your nails done by The Geek himself - but it's ok cos I reckon you were probably every bit as pleased as I would have been!! - wouldn't you just love to have a full set done by him of the custom colour blended nails, that just looked amazing.

Fran (my daughter) was really pleased that I got Samuels autograph for her (she's only 13 but is becoming very geeky already!) - she says next ime can she come with me!

Anyway Sal, look after those nails - and you'd better get on and do the rest to match!

Kate xx

Mrs Geek said:
I will remember that next time Mrs Geek - wanted to say hi but you were all talking so thought I should leave you to it.
Kate xx

kateyork1 said:
Hi Sal

Was lovely to meet you to. I knew you'd be straight on here!!

Have you shown your boyfriend your amazing nails yet? - was he impressed??:wink2:

Totally agree with you - it was a fantastic day and I'm sooooooooo glad I took the time to go, it was more than worth it. I learnt so much from them both - can't wait to sit down and start reading the book (must admit I did read a bit while stuck in some horrendous traffic on my way home!!)

Anyway Sal, look after those nails - and you'd better get on and do the rest to match!

Kate xx

Hi Kate

I have told Anthony just 2 minutes ago that he'd better be prepared when he walks through the door as I am so full of it and I've had 2 vodka and tonics already!!!! He did say though he is pleased as I am obviously rocking off it!

That is so funny about you reading in the traffic - I nearly swerved off the road about 3 times whilst inspecting my 2 nails - oops!

And I am going to try to do the rest - dreading the right hand :eek:

Love Sally xxx

kateyork1 said:
I will remember that next time Mrs Geek - wanted to say hi but you were all talking so thought I should leave you to it.
Kate xx

Next time Katey :hug:

Sal said:
Hi Kate

I have told Anthony just 2 minutes ago that he'd better be prepared when he walks through the door as I am so full of it and I've had 2 vodka and tonics already!!!! He did say though he is pleased as I am obviously rocking off it!

That is so funny about you reading in the traffic - I nearly swerved off the road about 3 times whilst inspecting my 2 nails - oops!

And I am going to try to do the rest - dreading the right hand :eek:

Love Sally xxx
LOL - not surprised they look great!!

Yes he should be pleased that it puts you in such a great mood! You've just put a fantastic idea into my head (hmm vodka!) - don't try doing your nails tonight then!! You should teach your boyfriend to do it so he can do your right hand! - I fully intend to get Fran trained asap!!

Kate xx

Sal said:
Hi Rose

I bought a copy of Doug Schoon's book, a 16oz Retention + with the custom colour blending kit for free!!!!!!!! Some bits such as citru soak etc.

And then I had to get out before I spent anymore!!

I really am trying to hold back until Olympia!

Mmmm sounds really good, what is Doug Schoons book like?? Have you started reading it yet?? I'm thinking of getting that actually.

xxx

Sal, I am SO envious! Lucky you, being Sam's model, I was sitting there hopefully in the front row (at the Dublin seminar) with a very naked thumb, just hoping to get a Custom Blend demo on it, but some 'pretty young thang' hogged him!!! Grrrrrrr..... I was tempted to trip her on the way out! Just kidding folks! Although my thumb is still naked......... :sad:

I have to agree with you, it was the best day ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I've gone on and on about it in the other thread so will go now. Glad you had as good a time as I did. :D

Jackie

You guys are too cool. Doug and I have had such a great time so far and the people have been seriously rocking.

My only wish is that we had more dates and more time at each location. It has been really hard constantly traveling (especially as Doug seems to travel with the freaking CND lab in his 10 bags of luggage). Today was especially hard as we took a 2 trains and a tube. It was like the blind leading the naked!

Anyhooo.... I am glad you really enjoyed it - we have as well.

The Nail Geek said:
It was like the blind leading the naked!

PMSL!!! So who is blind and which one is naked? Hmmmm, don't answer that - not sure I want to know!:eek:

ewwwwwww, That comment has made me think of another one - but I can't go there - it's REALLY tasteless.....

Bryony said:
PMSL!!! So who is blind and which one is naked? Hmmmm, don't answer that - not sure I want to know!:eek:

ewwwwwww, That comment has made me think of another one - but I can't go there - it's REALLY tasteless.....

I'm tired Bryony, but if I am thinking, what you are thinking... NO ONE should go there!!!!:lol: :eek: :eek: :eek: :Scared: :Scared: :Scared:

Sam,

if you are going to the edinburgh exhibition and need a model, i'll do it!

Bryony said:

lol - so much, that is hilarious!!

Latest posts

Back