IBD gel polish stockist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie_h88

Reaction score
Hi all [emoji3]
I was wondering if you could give me some advice on the best priced stockists to go to for Ibd as I'm in the process of getting my kit together to go mobile. Iv only got about 200 - 250 to use for my start up cost so need to spend the money wisely. I originally wanted to go with opi but obviously the start up cost is a lot more and Iv heard good things about Ibd so I think that's the route I'm going to go down.
Also, what colours do you find are most popular?
Thanks [emoji4]

I was about to post the same thing!

Anyone?!!!!!!

As no one else has posted I thought I'd drop in and just let you know Graftons are the UK official distributor of ibd. You are able to buy straight from them, and as far as I can tell the price seem to be the same everywhere in the UK, so personally I'd go straight to Graftons.

However I don't use ibd, only tried a few just gel polishes, so maybe someone more experienced with ibd can help regarding popular colours.

Hi, I get mine from The Nail Company online... Not sure if they are the cheapest but they are really reliable and helpful :) I've got about 30 bottles of IBD xx

I second Graftons. The price doesn't really differ elsewhere.
With regards to colours, people are so different, it's hard to say which ones are more popular.
I'm not really full of wisdom or words of advice this evening lol. It's been a long day! But I'll pop back on tomorrow and see if I can help a bit more xx

Thankyou, will have a look at those xx

I used to work at The Nail Company based in Weybridge, Surrey. They have a large selection of IBD Just Gel Polish. Really friendly family run nail and beauty wholesalers :)
Their website is www.thenailcompany.co.uk :)

Can't help with stockists in the UK, but I can recommend some favourite colours.

Dockside diva
My babe
Indian sari
Juliet
Cashmere cutie
Chic to chic
Blue haven
Plum Raven
Breathtaking
The list goes on really, but I hope that helps.

I have lots of swatches on my Instagram & FB page. Feel free to scroll through & check them out.

https://instagram.com/p/BJCW7Z7gjnn/

Capital Hair and Beauty stock ibd gel polishes x

Speaking of IBD.... Anyone notice that some of the colours need 3/4 thin coats for even coverage? If you apply thicker it crinkles... It's fine, but can take a bit longer!x

Hi there, I'm having the exact same problem. I have to say I am falling out of love with IBD at bit and am thinking of changing my range. I've started putting a white first coat under the paler shades, even that doesn't help that much. I don't get it, some go on great with 2 coats and like you say, others 3/4 to get a decent finish. Frustrating!!

I felt that way at the beginning, I was getting frustrated, but yes there are some shades that apply nicer than others & some colours that are just sheer.

I have a nail polish shaker & it has helped a lot. I was told not to shake the bottles, only to roll, but I shake now & have no issues what so ever with bubbles etc.

Shaking or even stirring with a Woodstick will mix all the pigment, especially glitters.

But like I said, some colours are just sheer colours & I can think of a couple of colours that are beautiful, but need 3 coats.

If you have any questions about certain colours, I'm happy to help answer what the application/consistency is like (if I have those colours)

Hello! I've very recently started up & this is the brand I went for. For the full range check out Graftons, Capital Hair & Beauty or Sally's... The price is pretty much the same anywhere you go. I found it really difficult to choose my first lot of colours as there as so many to choose from & I had to be realistic with my budget... I went for red, nude, sheer nude & white for French, pink, purple & light grey as these are fairly classic/safe colours & then I also chose several pretty summery ones to suit this time of year. I've now got about 20 (which is literally nothing compared to some people on here!!) & my most popular ones are Indie Oasis, Just Keep Swimmin', Heedless to Say, TOP-tional & Inky Pinky. I have a few swatches which I'll upload for you in a bit, but there's a really good FB group you can join where people upload swatches... Search for 'IBD Just Gel Polish swatches' & you'll find it. I am really impressed with this product & I'm getting good feedback/results but I do have to say that the lighter colours often need 3 coats, sometimes I even think they could do with 4... Stick to very thin layers to get an even finish without it looking too bulky! Hope that helps xx

Inky Pinky

Attachments

• IMG_20160804_195741.jpg
    IMG_20160804_195741.jpg
    814.8 KB · Views: 30
Speaking of IBD.... Anyone notice that some of the colours need 3/4 thin coats for even coverage? If you apply thicker it crinkles... It's fine, but can take a bit longer!x

Yes I find they take a few coats and longer to cure which when putting on top of acrylics can be really lengthy; base, 3 coats and top coat, 3mins curing each layer and 2 hands

I know it's not what you've asked for, but...
I'd suggest try Ink London. The reviews are fabulous and the price is definitely worth it. I can't see the ibd prices in any of your suppliers, but if it's close to ours, then i'd definitely check out ink london before I decided.
i know i'm ordering their acrylink line, when next i order any acrylic stuff.

Join the Facebook IBD nail education forum [emoji106]

Hi, if you can get to Olympia Beauty, it is the best place to see all the colours, talk to the IBD reps. They always have a great standxx

Latest posts

Back