IBD Just Gel polish swatches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396081675.637682.jpg

Jupiter Blue is a fab spring colour xxx

Sanskrit is more of a coral colour.
They don't do a plain clear apart from base & top but for rock star, I would go fireworks. It's a clear base with really fine holo glitter :)

Thank you so much. Why don't these companies make a clear??? I will buy Fireworks as you recommended.

Thank you so much. Why don't these companies make a clear??? I will buy Fireworks as you recommended.

I'm not sure why they don't do a clear, but I suppose you could try doing rock stars just using base & top coat. You could try applying the glitter straight to the base coat or even do a double layer of base or do a double layer of top coat?? Just a thought. Iv never tried it.

I'm not sure why they don't do a clear, but I suppose you could try doing rock stars just using base & top coat. You could try applying the glitter straight to the base coat or even do a double layer of base or do a double layer of top coat?? Just a thought. Iv never tried it.

Thanks for the advice. That's how I used to do my CND Shellac Rock Stars, but then I started using either Mother of Pearl (sounds similar to Firworks) or Zillionaire over the glitter with one top coat, and I got better coverage. I have all the CND shellac colours and have invested a small fortune (as we all do) so I can't afford to have two systems running, that's why I am trying to only get IBD colours that are totally different to CND ones.

Does anyone know why my whipped cream bubbles when curing under uv lamp.

More swatches :)
Feel free to follow me on ig or fb, just search geloso nails!

Iv taken these photos in natural light, just with my iPhone. All unedited! Iv taken 3 shots to try & capture how the colour looks in different light/angles.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157398.453513.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157416.565657.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157429.632500.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157443.015751.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157471.097750.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157459.814711.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157459.814711.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 635
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157482.282143.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396157482.282143.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
More swatches :)
Feel free to follow me on ig or fb, just search geloso nails!

Iv taken these photos in natural light, just with my iPhone. All unedited! Iv taken 3 shots to try & capture how the colour looks in different light/angles.

View attachment 60418View attachment 60419View attachment 60420View attachment 60421View attachment 60422View attachment 60423View attachment 60424

Love funny bone and raindrops. Just need a third for special offer!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I tried my two colours, safe to say I will be staying with gelish. The coverage was awful :/ 4 coats to achieve a solid colour, such a shame as Ibd has so many nice colours but this has totally put me off x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I tried my two colours, safe to say I will be staying with gelish. The coverage was awful :/ 4 coats to achieve a solid colour, such a shame as Ibd has so many nice colours but this has totally put me off x

What colours were you using? X

Thanks for this. I was tempted to buy a couple of colours, I really like the raindrops one.

Me too, I rolled them well too, I'm no damsel and raindrops xx

Wow, I have never done 4 coats of any colour. I'm no damsel is a bit sheer & it's so light I find I need 3 coats, but I only used 2 coats in my swatch of raindrops.
Are you sure it was mixed well enough?

I do find some people get on better with certain brands. Even though I love ibd, I find some of the gels are thicker than others, and personally I prefer the consistency & application of the thicker ones where some people like thinner. Personal preference I suppose.
At least you only bought a couple of colours to try.

Last edited:
Does anyone have problems with the bottleneck of the ibd top and base coat where the gel sets a little and causes bits in the gel??? Or am I doing something wrong...can anyone help?

Does anyone have problems with the bottleneck of the ibd top and base coat where the gel sets a little and causes bits in the gel??? Or am I doing something wrong...can anyone help?

It sounds like its curing. Are you working near a window or where there's a fair announce of sunlight? Uv light will set it, so could also be that it's too close to your uv lamp.

Do they do a teal colour, similar to gelish, my favourite accessory or garden teal party? x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi ladies
I am in the process of moving to ibd from gelish and so building my colours up. What are people finding is the best pink for french?

Seashell pink is what i use xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi guys anyone has papaya princess color swatch next too gelish im brighter than you?

Also next to eachother swatches of frozen parisol, rose lite district and ingenue? Thx!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Hi I haven't found this with ibd I also use gelish. I got fed up with the fading of some of the gelish range. I think you should give ibd another chance they do have some lovely colours. 3 coats I've needed with most of them but sometimes thats the same as gelish. :biggrin: x

Latest posts

Back