IBD Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica cutts

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Hi there can anyone help me I am thinking of swaping my gel to ibd. I am not sure weather to get soak off or file off and are they any good with tips
Thanks

Hi,

I've been using IBD for 2 years now and I've never had any problems with it,I use the builder gel and swear by it..

As for soak off gel I've never used it,so soz cant help there.
But they do have a great range of coloured gels,

HTH

I started out with IBD also, both gel and L & P. Im happy with all of there range, although I never did venture into the soak off range. I now use CND but I do still keep IBD in stock for those of my clients that prefer it (of have only had IBD nails for the entire history of being my client)

I liked IBD until I developed a nasty allergy to it. I used the buff off type.

What gel are you using now and why are you wanting to change gel systems?

I use nouveau and not having much luck when putting it on to natural nail. I also have clients asking for colours. I have invested in the soak off ibd but a bit worried about changing as i am new at this.

i use IBD for gels & l&p, i was having lifting problems but figured out it was my prep that needed sorting!!! not tried the soak off system yet but there are some great colours

I have used the IBD gels for about two and a half years. The file off gels are very strong and great for sculpting or nno. The soak off gels IMO are great for short nno's but do not give much strength for longer nails. I also found the soak off quite rubbery(didn't like much). They do have awesome colored gels in both file off and soak off.They also carry a great glitter line. I did have lifting problems with the gels but I have found out since reading the tut's on here that it was down to my prep. I now have that sorted.:) If you use the IBD be sure to use their lamp. HTH's.

Last edited:
I'ved use Ibd soak off and file off. Like both even used soak off with tips (not very long) and lasted three weeks just fine. I put them on myself (soak off) and like the way they flex and give some if I bang them up but I make sure I build a good apex with any length. Bad part about it is I've become allergic to them after just a short time but thats because I get it on my fingers every time so I prefer Brisa because of that.

I do like the way IBD is self leveling better then Brisa, I can get that perfect curve and apex easier. I probably will have to just us Brisa soon because of rash I get from IBD. I have no lifting with IBD and its very strong if applied right.

Brisa vs IBD, I also get a great apex and curve with Brisa but it takes me just a little more time (just me) because its not as self leveling I found but I don't have to worry about it leveling onto fingers as IBD can if you don't set it for few sec. between every other nail. So time wise it equals out. Also Brisa cures in 2 minutes and doesn't have to cure bonder and IBD 3 min. and does have to cure bonder 1 min. Times for first coat of gel might favor IBD time tough.:D

hi
i have used Ibd buff off gel for 13 yrs and find it works very well the extreme range is very good and i use alot of builder gel. i have never tried the soak off range but why dont you look at offering both as i would think the soak off range would be flexible and work really well with natural nails also most salons and techs are takin on soak off gels as they are in high demand!
why dont you contact Grafton they are quite helpful :D

it sounds like IBD is a great product but i am just about to choose between 2 courses, one supports IBD and one En Vogue. Are they comparable to quality, price, and easy use? Which one would be better out of those two?

Latest posts

Back