IBD or Akzentz?need advice...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tove

Reaction score
Can anyone useing the IBD gel system or the Akzentz tell me what you think of them,and why you do use it..
Im going back home to Norway soon,and i need to use a system that they got there..Easier to get the products since they are sold there..

I use IBD every day and love it. They do a good range of builder whites, and coloured gels, its known to be strong.
I've got a few bits of Akzentz as its quite compatible with IBD and they work well together, I use their paint on white for example as the option there with IBD is their winter white gel which isnt always white enough. I know they have a good reputation though.

HTH

I trained in IBD, but i've recently swapped over to Akzentz.

I can't explain why, but i really prefer Akzentz to IBD. It goes on lovely, is strong, and looks really natural. Oh and a bonus they do a soak off gel, which i use on clients that want a NNO, but not permanant - if that makes sense.

I really liked using IBD, but i found it a bit thicker and stickier to work with, but it was really strong. I couldn't get on with it for NNO for the life of me - hence why i looked at other gels.

I think it would proably be easier for me to obtain IBD products than Akzentz ones as they are in my local wholesalers, but then again Karen and Nailsplusbeauty is fantastic and whenever i have any questions re-produsts she answers straight away. So too are Carmen and Lana (fellow geeks) - and countless others, just haing a brain blip at the mo as to names - sorry.

Up until recently people struggled to find further training with IBD, but it think Graftons have bowed to pressure and have bought out a new prospectus.

I think the only training venue for Akzentz is in Brighton (nailsplusbeauty), so that is soemthing to tak into consideration, though Karen does sell very informative DVD's on application techniques which are fab.

Tove said:
Can anyone useing the IBD gel system or the Akzentz tell me what you think of them,and why you do use it..
Im going back home to Norway soon,and i need to use a system that they got there..Easier to get the products since they are sold there..
try theeducation hotline where ibd can be fully explained and you8 may get a sample 0845 1301511!

I didn't know IBD was abnything to do with |EZflow, well you learn something new everyday.

there are some good akzentz tutorials at www.polished.ca

they will give you a good idea of what is involved in the application.:)

Latest posts

Back