IBD UV Intense Seal, crystals on nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherish

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience using IBD UV Intense Seal? It seems easier to work with vs. IBD Ultra UV Seal (over P/W nails), but sometimes we are having problems with little crystals forming on the nails.
Any suggestions?
For those of you that use a UV seal, what are you using and why? Are you buffing with an orange/purple/blue or white block before using the seal?

What is your preference of UV seal, any hints or tricks would be helpful.

Thanks
Cherish'd Nails:) :lol:

There was a thread recently regarding this. I have, and many other ibd users have had the same experience. I rang Sam at Graftons and she said it was because of dust. However, it still sometimes happens, its like a small spike appears here and there. Before I apply I use a 180 brush off dust, apply ibd intense seal.

It can happen for a few different reasons. There could be dust left on the nail plate, or the product being applied to thickly. This happens to me sometimes when i use ibd intense seal, so i use the 1200 side of a koala buffer to remove the spikes, and then buff that area up. it doesnt happen on all the nails, or on all my clients, just a select few!

yes... we have noticed the fact that we seem to have fewer 'spikes' when the product is applied thinner. we researched ultra seal vs. intense on 'nail geek' & we've read not to buff nails with white block, but just to use 180, scrub fresh to cleanse, & then apply the intense seal. does that sound right? & a couple of other questions...
---what is a koala buffer?
---does anyone recommend any other seals? we've already found that the opi is not nearly as shiney!...

thank you so much for the input!!!!
cherish

The koala is a smoothing file available from creative nail design. It has 240 grit one side, and 1200 the other, one of my favourite files!!

yes... we have noticed the fact that we seem to have fewer 'spikes' when the product is applied thinner. we researched ultra seal vs. intense on 'nail geek' & we've read not to buff nails with white block, but just to use 180, scrub fresh to cleanse, & then apply the intense seal. does that sound right? & a couple of other questions...
---what is a koala buffer?
---does anyone recommend any other seals? we've already found that the opi is not nearly as shiney!...

thank you so much for the input!!!!
cherish

You can try Ezflow's Finish It. Gives a lovely shine and leaves no tacky residue.

hth

Thanks Louise!
ummm... i wonder if there's a chance it's called something else over here in florida! i couldn't find the ez flow "finish it" anywhere online... but i found their uv coat, which was in a cobalt blue bottle. is the product you're talking about a uv seal? is the bottle blue?

thanks again for your help!
cherish

Cherish,
I don't think that the EzFlow Gel products are available in the States yet. The UV 30 in the blue bottle is what I think you are talking about. It's not UV cured topcoat. I use this first and then apply EzFlow's Never Yellow Sealer. Both coats seem to dry within 3 minutes.

i use the IBD intense seal and found not probs with it, but i always ask the client to wash there hands before it put the product on very thin.

stephanied,
sooooooo... the uv topcoat by ez flow is actually a topcoat that does not need to go under the light? (just want to make sure i get what you're saying!) :) and we can't get the ez finish it yet cuz that's a gel product... right? well, how do you like the ezflow uv/never yellow sealer? is that what you pretty much do on all your pink & white acrylic clients?
thank you soooooo much for your help!!! :)
cherish

Latest posts

Back