IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What have you been using on top of IBX have you been using gel or varnish?

I've left them bare, ive used vinylux and one set of gelish since using IBX and have noticed the discolouration? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've left them bare, ive used vinylux and one set of gelish since using IBX and have noticed the discolouration? x

Is it on all fingers???? I have not seen IBX cause any discoloration at all since I have been using it.

Yep on all of them! its so weird! Its only since ive been doing the IBX treatments.

Yep on all of them! its so weird! Its only since ive been doing the IBX treatments.

Did you notice it after using Vinylux? What colour Vinylux did you use ?
I having been using IBX for a few months under a Shellac and I am very pleased with the results. Recently while trying to make my Shellac last few extra days I removed my pinkie and thumb on my right hand because they had chipped and painted them with Vinylux in the same colour 'Desert Poppy'. When I finally removed all the Shellac and the Vinylux because I was going into hospital I noticed the two that had the Vinylux had discoloured.
Maybe this is the Vinylux but that is not supposed to discolour the nail or is it a combination of Vinylux and IBX?

I notice when removing CND Shellac which has IBX applied first, the Shellac seems to 'stick' to the nail making it harder to remove it looks like I've used no base coat even though I have. I've spoken to other fellow CND Shellac Nail Technician friends, who have all experienced this when using IBX (we are all CND trained and follow CND protocols and only use CND products and equipment). I think the fact IBX makes the Shellac 'stick' to the nail is one of the reasons our clients are getting longer wear out of their Shellac. The fact Vinylux has no base coat and IBX seems to 'stick' the product to the nail might explain the extra staining. I always use a light colour of Vinylux e.g. Negligee under a dark colour to act like a base coat without effecting the longevity of the Vinylux or how it should be applied (with no base coat). Maybe Linda could explain the science/ reasons why this might be happening as my explanation is only based on my experience lol ;) xxx

My client who has a long history of troubled nails agreed to try IBX. Her nails are slow to grow and normally just break when any length has grown. We started really well and after 4 weekly treatments all flaking had gone and we had some growth. Went to two weekly treatments and started applying nail polish after treatment no longer needed repair. Brill!
After 7 treatments in total all of a sudden her nails started to flake again and most broke. She was really upset as she was going on holiday and she thought we had solved her nail problem for ever. Did a repair and treatment then applied Shellac. She came back tonight and both her ring fingers have nail separation also it is slightly on her index fingers. I was felt so sorry for her.
I feel that the Shellac was the problem here as she said every time she tries a gel polish this happens. ( she had not used Shellac before and she did not tell me before I put it on) she also told me that if she wears nail polish for (reapplying as necessary ) for more than 2 weeks it can also happen.
What do I offer her now, do I carry on with the IBX ? Is it an allergic relation? If so what to?
Any comments would be appreciated.

Rather than being an allergic reaction, it seems like her nails are too dehydrated. Does she use solar oil every day, twice a day? I don't think its an allergic reaction because it also happens when she uses regular nail polish for an extended period of time, which is very drying to the nail. Shellac and gel polishes can also be drying to the nail, especially the removal.

ETA: I just realized you you mentioned that the nail plate is seperating from the nail bed, which doesnt seem like it's because of dryness, but any flaking or peeling could be bc of that.

I noticed it gradually, a light pinky tone where the ibx had been applied about a week after using it, and the staining has got gradually deeper with each application. Ive had bare nails, gelish starburst, vinylux tutti frutti, vinylux desert poppy and maybe a vinylux french too, so only one orange based colour??
Don't get me wrong, im VERY pleased with the results of IBX, has certainly helped with my delamination, im just curious as to why this staining has happened, and as I move on to introducing this to more and more clients im worried that staining/discolouration is going to be a problem with them also.
Thanks for the tip of using a lighter colour under a vinylux mani I'll give it a go. xxx

I noticed it gradually, a light pinky tone where the ibx had been applied about a week after using it, and the staining has got gradually deeper with each application. Ive had bare nails, gelish starburst, vinylux tutti frutti, vinylux desert poppy and maybe a vinylux french too, so only one orange based colour??
Don't get me wrong, im VERY pleased with the results of IBX, has certainly helped with my delamination, im just curious as to why this staining has happened, and as I move on to introducing this to more and more clients im worried that staining/discolouration is going to be a problem with them also.
Thanks for the tip of using a lighter colour under a vinylux mani I'll give it a go. xxx

This is the first I have heard of discoloration, I don't think this is common of IBX so I would still use it on your other clients.

I do think like Lks said it could be due to the Vinylux which has no base coat and the fact that IBX makes all products adhere better to the nail. Good tip re using very light colour under deeper colours to stop staining x

Ok, so ive got a new client who im seeing on Friday. She has very weak but not delaminating nails. She also has explained she has a vertical split in her small finger nail which goes half way up her nail :-( she says the split is all the way through her nail! Can I/should I apply IBX repair/IBX to this nail? My instinct tells me no not over the split as the nailbed maybe exposed but I wanted to check. Shes also allergic to formaldehyde, im assuming IBX would have any reaction for her? Thanks ladies :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok, so ive got a new client who im seeing on Friday. She has very weak but not delaminating nails. She also has explained she has a vertical split in her small finger nail which goes half way up her nail :-( she says the split is all the way through her nail! Can I/should I apply IBX repair/IBX to this nail? My instinct tells me no not over the split as the nailbed maybe exposed but I wanted to check. Shes also allergic to formaldehyde, im assuming IBX would have any reaction for her? Thanks ladies :D

If the split is all the way through and you can see nail bed I would not apply. if it isn't all the way through I would put Repair into the split, don't blot, cure, cleanse and then do IBX. There is no formaldehyde in IBX!!

If the split is all the way through and you can see nail bed I would not apply. if it isn't all the way through I would put Repair into the split, don't blot, cure, cleanse and then do IBX. There is no formaldehyde in IBX!!

Thanks Linda. I was hoping you'd see this and give me your expert opinion. I will follow your advice x

Thanks Linda. I was hoping you'd see this and give me your expert opinion. I will follow your advice x

Let me know what happens??

Just received my IBX and heat lamp can't wait to get started! Couple of questions though. Looking on the website there's instructions for applying under gel polish and for natural nail growth. Which one would you do if you apply normal polish over it? Also, I bought an infrared lamp off amazon but it doesn't tilt downwards :( it also gets very hot!! I read on here that someone put it on a rolled up towel but when i do it it just falls! lol has anyone got any ideas? x

Hi Linda was hoping you could give me some insight on my nails. Since using IBX I have real problems with my nails delaminating in chunks. I have been following the instructions and use the IBX before every application of Shellac. I did not use the IBX after my last Shellac application and I now have major delimination. At first I thought I was not using the system properly so I double checked myself. But this is the second time it's happened. Is it possible that my nails just do not agree with IBX? I'm not sure. First 2 photos are the first time it happened. Lady one is today ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406571919.317690.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406571938.868200.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406572020.963369.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406572085.728152.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406571851.364286.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406571851.364286.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 236
Hi Linda was hoping you could give me some insight on my nails. Since using IBX I have real problems with my nails delaminating in chunks. I have been following the instructions and use the IBX before every application of Shellac. I did not use the IBX after my last Shellac application and I now have major delimination. At first I thought I was not using the system properly so I double checked myself. But this is the second time it's happened. Is it possible that my nails just do not agree with IBX? I'm not sure. First 2 photos are the first time it happened. Lady one is today View attachment 71488View attachment 71489View attachment 71490View attachment 71491

Try this technique I to the delamination the next time:

Cleanse, apply Repair into the split (do not file or lift delamination), heat 1 minute,blot only necessary, if nothing on top don't blot, if you have to blot lightly so you don't push Repair out of the split, cure, cleanse, then if you see there is still room left in the split, repeat again with Repair, then go on to IBX. Let me know if this helps.

Has anyone had any issues with the nails absorbing the nail varnish colour after having IBX done?
Just had a lady come in after having IBX done here, then she went away and applied a pink OPI colour and she just took it off to find her nails have gone pink underneath.
Please can someone give me some advice on what this may be?
Thanks x

Has anyone had any issues with the nails absorbing the nail varnish colour after having IBX done?
Just had a lady come in after having IBX done here, then she went away and applied a pink OPI colour and she just took it off to find her nails have gone pink underneath.
Please can someone give me some advice on what this may be?
Thanks x

Did she use a base coat?

Latest posts

Back