IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes she did

That is weird, I wear the brightest of bright colors and have never had that happen - I do not think that has anything to do with IBX. Do you know what kind of base coat she used?

she used an OPI base coat and with opi colour and top coat

no only one client!

Well that is a good thing!!! Not sure why it would happen to her though. Maybe try a different color, or base coat??

I know its so strange! Thank you so much for your help, im glad to hear that nobody else has had this issue xx

Hi Linda have been thinking about IBX protocol and realise the nail plate should be as empty as possible to absorb repair and restore products effectively. Was wondering if the acetone absorption during a shellac removal process would also affect IBX take up within the nail. Many clients wish to have their removal, strengthening and reshellac in one visit. What would you recommend ??? Many thanks
Ps also have noticed a slight yellowing of nail plate after IBX use ...on my nails only which are inherently flexible with moderate delamination, not a problem for me but noticed it mentioned elsewhere in forum so thought I'd mention it ?

Hi Linda have been thinking about IBX protocol and realise the nail plate should be as empty as possible to absorb repair and restore products effectively. Was wondering if the acetone absorption during a shellac removal process would also affect IBX take up within the nail. Many clients wish to have their removal, strengthening and reshellac in one visit. What would you recommend ??? Many thanks
Ps also have noticed a slight yellowing of nail plate after IBX use ...on my nails only which are inherently flexible with moderate delamination, not a problem for me but noticed it mentioned elsewhere in forum so thought I'd mention it ?

You should definitely do it all in 1 appointment. I think that the acetone dissipates enough to be able to allow IBX to penetrate.

Not sure on the yellowing, don't think it is from IBX, maybe more from polish???

Hi Linda Thanks for your response ! I did think the evaporation rate would be fast but thought it best to check. As to the yellowing it may be associated with the CND desert poppy which was also mentioned in another part of this thread but applied with thin base coat and cured as per correct protocol. Will keep an eye on it with other colours but very slight in general so not an issue for me. Many thanks for your advice it is greatly appreciated :)

Hi all I have a client who is moving out to Ibiza and would dearly love to continue on with her IBX treatments. Can anyone recommend a salon that would be able to continue to look after her now fabulous nails ?? Much thanks x

Hi all I have a client who is moving out to Ibiza and would dearly love to continue on with her IBX treatments. Can anyone recommend a salon that would be able to continue to look after her now fabulous nails ?? Much thanks x

We are just opening a new distributor in Spain, so she can contact them and they can recommend for her.
Manicura Artistica Siglo
Bellezzaonline

Me and my client are so impressed with the results x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408048453.011715.jpg

So annoyed with myself. Ive written on here a while ago about a new client who had a vertical split on her little finger going up from the free edge & whether ibx was safe to use. Resounding 'Yes' from Linda. So I started IBX manicures with Vinylux every 2 weeks and today was treatment 5. And the split has completely gone!!! Now my client had this split along time and it kept growing through. Im annoyed because I didnt take photo's. Yes I know im stupud.....sorry Linda! There is also a visible line on her nails where her nails are healthier. One happy client = one very happy nail technician :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Following x

🌻

Yes a nail dryer is good if it has the warm setting! I used it my last application and it worked perfect.

Linda I have the Sibel nail dryer with cool & warm settings, the warm setting seems to get to hot for the client after a while so would be cool setting be suitable?? (To be honest it's not that cool, has slight warmth to it!!) would I be able to tell if it's worked accordingly??? Xxxx

Hi, I'm very keen on finding a stockist to have ibx on my damaged NSS nails.

I'm enrolled on CND L&P in September. And I know we train on each other... But, I'm ashamed of my nails!! Since reading on here about MMA and NSS, I've taken my nails off.... Took hours soaking in pure acetone, but the are off.

However, I can't stand the weak, flimsy, paper like feeling :|,:o....having read through a few pages of this thread I know ibx will help....but I wondered if there was a definitive list of who provides this service?

Thank you in advance.

Nerac1, I think it will have to be a case of contacting local salons to you and asking if they use IBX. Some might have websites and mention it on there, but some may not, so just call.

Nerac1, I think it will have to be a case of contacting local salons to you and asking if they use IBX. Some might have websites and mention it on there, but some may not, so just call.

Thank you, will do.
:)

Latest posts

Back