Ideas for nail art to match dress please xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonailtech

Reaction score
hi geeks

my cousin is going to her debs friday and asked me to do her nails she doesnt want extensions only painted with nail art.. her dress is a dark blue (navy even) my problem is i dont have any varnish that colour and she doesnt want french polish look!
its a beautiful low neck dress its floor length with diamonds going around the neckline and a diamond broach in the centre of the chest area..
any ideas on something nice i could do???
if anyone has any pics would be great.. im not the best at nail art yet so something simple but beautiful would be great.. thanks guys xx

Navy is really popular right now. You should be able to find it. Try OPI Ink, or Russian Navy. And maybe kinda re-create the broach in the center of each nail. Would love to see how it turns out!

that sounds nice, i will try get the navy if i get a chance tomorr, id love to do something like that.. lol im not sure about how it would turn out ,i only ever do very basic nail art, i need to get practicing..

why not navy as already mentioned with a few clear diamantes to jazz it up, simple but very sophisticated. i love opi ink as well and attitudes do deep azure which is a gorgeous dark blue with hint of sparkle hthxxx

I often paint my nails a navy blue with a silver french but i don't do the french on the whole of my free edge,
i only paint about 1 mm of the very edge of the free edge with the silver and it looks great,
really easy if you use a striper brush, hth :hug:

Have you tryed mixing your acrylic paints to get close to the color,and maybe paint a white flower with a rinestone in the middle of it.xx

How about a silver or gold nail polish,co-ordinate with her accesories/jewellry as opposed to matching the dress and just stick to some very basic flicks and dots nail art or a few gems.
From what you've said her dress sounds beautiful enough not to need anything too fancy on her nails.
There are a few pics in my album if you want to have a look, ok I'm not the best for nail art but they are nice and simple :lol:
HTH

Last edited:
why dont you try gem stickers they are simple and easy and will go with her dress
adell

thanks guys all great ideas, i just spoke to her and she said she doesnt mind having a french as long as there is a little nail art which gives me way more options.. i think ill still go with a colour tho as some of the ideas uv got on here sound nice.. will let you guys know and if i can fix my camera ill take pics and put em up

hey guys well i did my cousins nails last night and we decided to do something simple as i agreed with what del3 said that dress was nice enough that she didnt have to go overboard with the nails, i just did gel tips with french and put one diamond (silver) in the centre of each tip it was very simple but it was very nice as she has silver diamonds on the dress so it will match.. i have to say it was my first time since i trained being completelty happy with my work they looked fab, even the smile line came out good lol! i have a bit more confidence now.. i could not get my camera to work so i could show you guys but maybe i can ask her to take a pic and she could send it onto me on email or something.

thanks for all your help xx

hey guys well i did my cousins nails last night and we decided to do something simple as i agreed with what del3 said that dress was nice enough that she didnt have to go overboard with the nails, i just did gel tips with french and put one diamond (silver) in the centre of each tip it was very simple but it was very nice as she has silver diamonds on the dress so it will match.. i have to say it was my first time since i trained being completelty happy with my work they looked fab, even the smile line came out good lol! i have a bit more confidence now.. i could not get my camera to work so i could show you guys but maybe i can ask her to take a pic and she could send it onto me on email or something.

thanks for all your help xx

Glad it all went well for you.Isn't it nice when you feel satisfied with your work and your client is happy and smiley :lol:.
xx:hug:xx

I know I missed the boat, but super glad it went well for you. Nice choice too.

I often find the best way to do the nails to go with an outfit is to choose a COMPLIMENTARY colour as opposed to the same colour.
The nails should contrast and compliment the outfit, not blend in.
Does a disservice to the ensemble, to choose the same colour.

EX: brides with super plain white frenchs, when hands are against the dress.... POOF nails dissappear and their fingers look stubby in pictures.

Keep up the good work
:hug:

Latest posts

Back