If you could do your training again-what would you do??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum2one&bump

Reaction score
Hi, sorry me again, gatecrashing your pages! :confused:
Had set my sights on doing the star nails course but after a lot of advice from you lovely ladies and talks of them going bust decided against it obviously!
Have been talking to a couple of you and have advised me on some courses, one of which is a course from nails 4 u, which does gogel, acrylic and silk/fibreglass, i really like the sound of this course, but what are your thoughts? If you could start again, which route/course do you think you would choose??
I'm keen to do the course soon, but will have lots of practice time afterwards, i'm hopeing to start work as a tech towards the end of the year!
Any advice VERY welcome, my head is mush!!! :rolleyes::eek:
xxx

I would do exactly what I did - take a Foundation course in one system (L+P acrylic) with the company with the both the best repuation and industry awards for training....... I then built on that with 1:1 education, skill-building courses and when I felt competant I added another system (gel). I trained with CND though Sweet Squared and have never felt the need to train anywhere else.

You're going round the houses with this but if you're going with professional reputation go with the best. CND all the way.

yes i think i have to agree! thanks
xx

Same as Vetty, I wouldn't change my route of education either - I did my foundation l&p with none other than.......................Creative :green: I'm planning on more courses with them too - good luck with whoever you choose to train with :hug:

same here....i wouldn't do anything different...I did a foundation course with Creative.

I would do the same as I did too - I did a Foundation with Creative, but then I moved away and tried other things. This helped me to appreciate what I had with Creative. I wouldnt change the mistakes I made (well maybe some of them LOL).

I would actually advise that you concentrate on one system rather than try and do all three at once.

Once you are comfortable with say Liquid and Powder, then move on to Gel and or wraps.

I think you will only confuse yourself if you try and do too much too soon.

(Basically pretty much what Vetty said LOL)

I would have gone the same route. I started with a high quality product and a company who at the time had a decent rep for training ... I then took further training with Creative CND and realised that I hadn't had the best training or the best products. I switched to CND and have made my entire business and reputation using CND. I have never needed to change or go anywhere else for supplies .. they have everything I have ever needed to build my large salon business. I'm not sure as a complete newby that I would have realised just what a 24K Gold product I was working with if I had started out using CND. It is when you use it after you have started with an inferior product that you appreciate the difference is HUGE.

The best nail techs always end up using the best products and doing the best training even if they start a bit lower down the ladder. Sometimes starting lower down the ladder makes one appreciate more when you climb up to the top.

Many who start at the top do not realise how lucky they have been and start to mess around with lower quality products only to be disappointed and to undermine their business ( which is really stupid IMO).

Last edited:
Although I loved my EzFlow course in Norway it was definately my second choice. If I could have my time over with slightly different cirumstances, or had known of this place and Geeg too I may well have done my training with CND in Oslo from the outset. As it is I have realised I did love my course and in reality it was, as any course should be, just the start of my education. I'm now looking into when I can afford my conversion courses and appreciate both EzFlow and CND for different reasons :hug:

As everyone has said before I wouldn't change the route I took which was HND in Beauty therapy/nails then did conversions with Creative, NSI, Ez-Flow etc until I found what suited me which was Young Nails.

This route gave me they best training for me and the knowledge that I gained was vital in allowing me to progress through from beinner to what I am today.

In relation to what I would change is:

If I could do it again I would do it at 16 LOL in the same order

Lol thats what my husband said to me, why didn't you do this when you left school, then you be all set!!
if only we knew!

i started off with the edge (at college) then from there moved to diff companies (3 to be exact) then i found Creative. ive been with them since. I found with the other systems, I wasnt getting the support etc that I felt i needed. With Creative, I got everything I needed and wanted - hence I stayed with them. As geeg said, once you find the best, you stay with it, so why change.

there have been a few threads asking similar type question, and that they start with x, y or z and what are our thoughts, you will find out for yourself flowerpot, but in my opinion, with Creative being so well known for their education, support, aftersales service etc, etc (worldwide) you would be a fool NOT to go with them

xx

Lol thats what my husband said to me, why didn't you do this when you left school, then you be all set!!
if only we knew!

LOL:lol: yep if only we knew

Latest posts

Back