If you weren't a therapist/nail tech/hair stylist what would you be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably just go to the Army x

I would love to make and design clothes.

I'd be wandering around what to do with all the free time I'd have!
I'd be an IT Programme Manager, which is what I did before working for myself. And I'd still be hating it, no doubt!

If I had the cash I would open a animal rescue center ,with pet holiday home to pay for thr staff and rescue work :-D

I'd love to be a police dog trainer :) or just anything to do with animals, maybe open a kennels/dog training centre :)

I would probably do one of my previous jobs, which are quite varied. I was a tax collector for 8 years,a drugs councillor & psychologistfor 6 years (thats what I did at uni),a dog walker and a fitness instructor & personal trainer ( I still do a bit of this) .
I have always wanted to write articles for magazines as I love writing & researching things, so maybe that will be what I do next......whio knows?

I would work in a neonatal intensive care unit or start a clothing line :)

My hubby in the forces and with 3 young kids it's tough to find time to do hair these days! I'd love to be a midwife it will never happen tho!

Hey mrs, there is no such thing as never!

Remember you make your own dreams, kids grow up! don't put out the flame altogether, just don't grow old & regret the things you never did, you only get one chance.
Xx

Paramedic, I would love it! Always have wanted to be one & always will.

But with not one gcse to my name it'll take me a good few years........

I'll do it though, once I'm a bit more stable with my income I'll MAKE the time to study at collage / uni, so a few years down the line if you happen to have your life saved by a lady with a walking stick & facial hair it's me..... It'll just of taken me that long to qualify lol xxx

You can do a 1 year access to health professions course which gets you into uni for all you guys wanting to go in paramedics and healthcare.
I was going to do it the other year but found out I was expecting twins do put it on a back burner which is how I've come I to my second desire in the beauty industry - training g up do I can work mobile around all my 3 children - if still never say never and may do it in a few years but for now I'm setting my sights on training g in nails and beauty set up mobile and hopefully open my own salon

A few years ago, I was at college doing access to nursing, then went onto university to do midwifery. Due to health problems had to take a year out. When I returned back to university they told me I had to start all over again. I never! (gutted now) but after working I returned to college to do beauty, I did think about going back to uni and would have been accepted but there are no jobs here in Aberdeen.

xxxx

If I wasn't a beautician, I would be a forensic scientist completely different but I'm sure just as rewarding

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be a dog groomer and a landscape Gardner ☺️

A surgeon, or a medical examiner! 😱

An author. Ive always felt there are books inside me waiting to come out.

Maybe one day ....

Dancer - still get upset when I watch big performances at the fact I'll only ever work back stage ( if I go down that route of working in theatre/shows etc) :/ x x

If I wasn't training in nails and hair then I would be at uni training to be a midwife x

A psychologist. I did an OU introduction to psychology course last year and I'm thinking about doing A Level Psychology next year and seeing where it takes me!
I'd also love to become a fitness instructor or an adult education tutor, teaching basic English and Maths. I volunteer for Crisis at Christmas every year giving back massages to homeless people and in general their literacy and numeracy aren't very good at all, it'd be great to play a part in putting that right. It's fascinating how we're all actually quite similar on this site :D

After a job change due to company going bancrupt I decided I'd have a career change too and became a carer for the elderly for over a year. I thought it would be rewarding and give me some gratitude "which it did"
Financially it was terrible so I returned to beauty, unfortunately with a broken back lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back