I'm a foil failure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stamping is soooooo difficult to actually stamp with Shellac - tried and failed! Lol xx

Stamping is soooooo difficult to actually stamp with Shellac - tried and failed! Lol xx

Ahh, maybe this is why I have difficulty 😂 xx

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I first tried putting foil glue on the plate, letting it dry a bit then picked it up on my stamper - great so far - but it wouldn't transfer to the nail. I made sure the topcoat on the nail was buffed matte to increase the chances of it sticking.

As that didn't work I stamped with vinylux then tried to get the foil over the top quick but because the stamping layer is so thin it was dry already and the foil didn't stick anywhere!

Massive fail 😞

I use foil adhesive, cure for 2 mins, rub on the foil with cotton pad, remove, it seems to work for me, then top coat. Then On top of that you can stamp! I love it!!! 😁

I use foil adhesive, cure for 2 mins, rub on the foil with cotton pad, remove, it seems to work for me, then top coat. Then On top of that you can stamp! I love it!!! 😁

I don't see how curing for 2 minutes has any effect on foil adhesive which is not UV curable... So if CND brought out an LED lamp you would cure for 30 seconds instead?... I think that it's just coincidence that 2 minutes is an ideal time to wait for the adhesive to go tacky, weather you wait that time in or out the lamp I don't think would have any difference? :)
X

Totally agree, but it works 100% of the time.

Yes I agree too as it's not curable? I think the heat may help it to dry quicker? I have tried both with and without and this way does seem to work better. 😁

Yep, it's not about curing (sorry if that was the impression!) I think it's about the warmth making it tacky.

I don't want the foil all over - I want that bitty effect where it's goes on in little sections.

Where do you guys get the decent adhesive from - couldn't see it in the foil section on s2. Guess I'll just have to dab it on in bits. :sad:

I like it looking 'bitty' too so I scrunch the foil up first before dabbing it onto the sticky layer. The smaller I want the bits the more I scrunch it xx

I don't want the foil all over - I want that bitty effect where it's goes on in little sections.

Where do you guys get the decent adhesive from - couldn't see it in the foil section on s2. Guess I'll just have to dab it on in bits. :sad:
Are you using Shellac? If so, you shouldn't really need the adhesive, you can use the tacky layer.

No, I only use Gellux and O.P.I.

Going to give it a proper go at the weekend on some nail pops with and without the sticky layer.

Fingers crossed - although a foresee a strop on the cards . . . Lol

I don't wipe off the tacky layers and have never needed to use the adhesive :)

The black frenches were done using "perfect" black gel

The aqua french were on myself using "hotski tchotski" over "grapefruit sparkle".

If you use CND perhaps try using the inhibition layer on the top coat. Maybe it's just in my head but I find embellishments stick better to the top than colour coats

Attachments

• 75094_10203166482111767_805491118_n.jpg
    75094_10203166482111767_805491118_n.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 275
  • acrylic blackfoil.jpg
    acrylic blackfoil.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 266
Help been practising with foils over IBD just gel but finding once I apply top coat the foil sometimes , wrinkles , shrinks or sometimes lightens or comes off . Please what am I doing wrong?

Why not stamp with shellac, cure, then add foil onto sticky layer? :)

I have stamped with Shellac, cured it, and then used foils or additives. Works for me.

The darker Shellacs work better.

If your painting shellac on freehand then applying a foil so it goes on like a pattern - what do you use to clean the brushes??

I have two tutorials on YT showing how to use foil and also stamping with foil.

You can not use foil with all gel polishes, some you need to use the foil adhesive. IBD is not suitable. CND Shellac is.

I recommend using the foil adhesive for best results. Just make sure it's really dry, don't apply the foil too soon or it won't work.

As for stamping with foil, i recommend you use a proper stamping polish such as Konad and work FAST.

My videos explain it really well.

How to use foil: http://youtu.be/vml2GZ9gjKA

Stamping with foil: http://youtu.be/Xio4m56hmZQ

Latest posts

Back