I'm getting a perm! - product build up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Ang*

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls...well, I've taken the plunge and booked an appointment for Wednesday to have my hair permed. I know what I am wanting the outcome to be and that is a 'loose' spirally kind of curl (my hair is straight-ish, shoulder length) My question to all you hair geeks is, will I need to buy a shampoo prior to the apt in order to wash any product build up from my hair or will my regular shampoo do it? If so, what product would you recommend? Thanks in advance x

Hi
You should use a chelating or deep cleansing shampoo. You only need to be concerned if you have been using2 in 1 shampoos or lots of serum. Your stylist should ask you what you have been using and use the appropriate pre treatment anyway..not you!
regards
Jonathan

as jonathon says usually at the salon before your rods are put in you will have your hair washed with a deep cleansing shampoo...hair is usually washed (but not conditioned) just before your perming service anyway........give the salon another call and ask them what they suggest and also why...hth

Would love to see the outcome, please post a before and after!

Latest posts

Back