I'm getting a puppy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw how adorable!
Me and my bf got a puppy over a year ago, I grew up with dogs and bf had never had one, but he absolutely loves him! We have a cocker spaniel .

The best advice I can give, is at night when he cries don't get up with him. I didnt as I no someone who use to and it still cries at night. My puppy only cried the first 2 nights.

Another thing is I booked a week off work, and let the puppy out every 20 mins, this stopped him peeing in my home and I didn't use puppy pads as I don't really see the need. One thing i also found is as my spaniel got bigger, he did start chewing things, the best thing I did was take him on longer walks!! Something so simple saved some shoes! He now goes for and hour in the morning and 1-2 hours at night, but at the weekends he had the run of the garden all day too :)

Some very good advice here, just remember when the puppy is little they cannot have much exercise. They are too young. I also let my boy out regularly through the night, to such an extent that I was like a Zombie the next day. Usually a puppy needs to be taken outside for a pee or poo as soon as they wake up. ALWAYS, that is when they need to go. In between every 2 hours or after they have played. In the night I set my alarm for ever hour the first couple of days to take him out for a pee, then 2 hrs, then 3 hrs, and so on. He never had an accident. If you take notice you will soon learn his or her body language and know when to open the back or front door. To me the secret is to know what you dog wants and you can tell by watching them, they cant tell you with words but their body language certainly does.

How wonderful to have a lovely pup, Springers do need loads of exercise so get some good walking boots and Wellies, don't bother with the designer ones they don't last. Get Hunters. I used to buy pretty willies all the time, every month as I was walking 7 miles a day, then got hunters and 3 years on they finally need replacing

I agree with the hunter wellies! Best thing I ever bought! I got the ones with thermal inside and I don't need to wear wooly socks in the winter and my toes are kept warm!! :)

Thanks for all the advice :) I thought I would share a pic of my bundle of joy!

my5ahabu.jpg

Your puppy is gorgeous, bet you can't wait to pick her up.
As much as you are going to love her, training is very important. Train your puppy as soon as possible to do her business outside etc. She will cry as she is only a puppy - just like a human baby really. It all calls for alot of patience but it is all worth in the end. Goodluck.x

Meet Jerry who was 9 weeks at the time this photo was taken. He wakes up at 5 a.m everyday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 129
Meet Jerry who was 9 weeks at the time this photo was taken. He wakes up at 5 a.m everyday!

Aww what a cutie, at 7 months Oscar still wakes up at half 6 :(
Cant remember my last lie in!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm picking this little man up later today 😃ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376812032.171497.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376819299.141127.jpg 3 weeks until I get this little guy! 💜

Latest posts

Back