I'm having trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
hi

as some of you know i have purchased the nsi coloured acrylics but its all going wrong

this is what im doing -

>applying tip
>choosing a colour and putting that on the tip
>putting pink/clear on the rest of the nail
>capping the whole nail in clear to seal
>filing and buffing and shining

ok, and the nails are a disaster - the colour is fading into the pink area, why is this?
when i look down the nail i can see the edge of the white tip, is this normal?

am i doing this totally wrong? i thought it could just be done the same as pink and white.

thanks

You would be best to use clear tips when using coloured l+p rather than white. Im not sure I understand when you say the colour is fading into the pink? Perhaps you are filing off too much product when finishing?

Im not familiar with the NSI system, if you could pic of the nails it would be helpful. Im sure they aren't as disasterous as you think.:hug:

can i ask what you mean about seeing the white tip? are you using white tips then placing the coloured acrylic on top?
if the colour is fading then the first thing i would check would be my mix ratio.go on to www.nsinails.com as they have just put info on there about coloured acrylics etc.. so you may find that helpful you do have to register though if you havent already.x

I use nsi coloured acrylic and have had no probs ... i sculpt on a form or overlay the natural nail i dont do tips... I have pm'd u with a few more tips hunnie x

when you say fading into the pink area, maybe its your monomer? you may find you need to use fresh monomer when using bright colours so you dont "tint" it? hope that makes sense!

:)

I use nsi coloured acrylic and have had no probs ... i sculpt on a form or overlay the natural nail i dont do tips... I have pm'd u with a few more tips hunnie x
can i ask why you have pm'd her with tips, rather than sharing? as i thought that was the point of this forum.
i hope you dont feel im being harsh but your tips may be helpful to other geeks including myself aswell as the poster of this thread.
please share your knowledge.xx
alans tip is worth a try aswell as you can get colour left in your monomer

I'm actually wondering what training you have ever done in nails and with whom?

Your profile does not say and your questions lead me to believe that perhaps you havent done any nail training? Don't get mad, just askin!! It's very hard to 'get one over' on an old pro (if you'll pardon the expression:lol:) like me.

If you have then I do not think you have been well served and you need to update your profile too.

when i say fading i mean i do all the coloured tips then go back and do the pink then clear to seal it and the colour of the tip ends up mixing in with the pink area. if that makes sense.

yes geeg i am trained, i trained in pink and white and was just experimenting with coloured acrylic!!

thanks for your replies

are you changing your monomer after doing the coloured tips? i make sure to change my monomer after using colours, and ive never had a problem with any of the technail colours, i defiently think it sounds like your monomer has been "tinted" with the technail colours, if that makes sense?

:)

when i say fading i mean i do all the coloured tips then go back and do the pink then clear to seal it and the colour of the tip ends up mixing in with the pink area. if that makes sense.

yes geeg i am trained, i trained in pink and white and was just experimenting with coloured acrylic!!

thanks for your replies

Could you be working too wet?

thanks for your replies

That doesn't really answer my questions and having looked through all your posts it seems from your questions that you must be VERY new to nails? With whom did you train brand wise and how long was the training if you don't mind my asking.

Latest posts

Back