I'm hoping to finally master smile lines!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabulous

Reaction score
well im finally going to stop depending on white tips and crack these smile lines ! i have booked some one to one training in a bid to help me crack this ! does anyone else struggle ??? is this something that once youve got it your away to go ! i got so fed up with getting it so wrong i went to tips wich arent the best when you have small nail beds ! any one have any good tips ??

thanks ! :)

Dont stress over it would be my tip, relax and develop your technique with your educator, then yes, you will be away....
Study great images of perfect competition smile lines and get it into your minds eye what a great smile line is to look like. Dont expect to master it straight away, but practice, practice and if you really want to master it then you will.
If you are applying product now successfuly as tip and overlay there is no reason at all why you shouldnt master smile lines, go for it..good luck x

Thanks for advice and kind words ill take that on board:) practice makes perfect as they say ...

It is not easy when you start out!

I started out slogging through sets producing pretty dreadful smiles for ages! My prices were low but even then i didnt get many repeat clients!!
I switched to using white tips but overlayed them with white L+P instead of clear, it allowed me to follow the smile line and was a brilliant way to improve as the results were alot better for the client and i still got the opportunity to practice smiles. It also trains your eye over time to a nice deeper smile line. Eventually I dropped the white tips for natural without too much trouble!

Hope this helps, good luck.
ps. I also did my 'probation' sets away from home......just a 30 minute drive away just to make sure that my dodgy sets were not on my own turf! I would recommend all new techs do this if they can.

It is not easy when you start out!

I started out slogging through sets producing pretty dreadful smiles for ages! My prices were low but even then i didnt get many repeat clients!!
I switched to using white tips but overlayed them with white L+P instead of clear, it allowed me to follow the smile line and was a brilliant way to improve as the results were alot better for the client and i still got the opportunity to practice smiles. It also trains your eye over time to a nice deeper smile line. Eventually I dropped the white tips for natural without too much trouble!

Hope this helps, good luck.
ps. I also did my 'probation' sets away from home......just a 30 minute drive away just to make sure that my dodgy sets were not on my own turf! I would recommend all new techs do this if they can.

thats i good idea thanks i never though of that i will try that one sound like a fab way to learn !!! thanks :)

well im finally going to stop depending on white tips and crack these smile lines ! i have booked some one to one training in a bid to help me crack this ! does anyone else struggle ??? is this something that once youve got it your away to go ! i got so fed up with getting it so wrong i went to tips wich arent the best when you have small nail beds ! any one have any good tips ??

thanks ! :)

Hi
i too had trouble with smiles,have you tried reverse smile lines,there a tutorials on you tube,give that a try it worked for me:

Hi
i too had trouble with smiles,have you tried reverse smile lines,there a tutorials on you tube,give that a try it worked for me:

I looked for the reverse technique last night but could not find any, what did you type in !

Last edited:
After watching the tutorial; on here my smile lines are much better I blue tac natural tips on a nail polish bottle and just keep practising smile lines for ages over and over again and that worked for me x

i found the nailzoo one in the end !!!! Many thanks though x

Latest posts

Back