I'm in need of some advice geeks - Christmas gift ideas??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago my husband was made redundant (for the second time).
I drew a big breath and told everyone, except for close family and friends, that I would not be giving presents.....EVERYONE was clearly relieved! Although the present list has crept up again it's much smaller than it used to be.
May I wish you the very best, and I hope things improve for you.

Thank you hun xxx

It's a spiral photobook they are offering for free now.. Here's the link to it Hun..

Free Spiral Photobook Offer - PhotoBox

Xx

Would just like to thank you for your idea i have spent the last hour or so creating a book for my partner , just a little book of our time together. were recently engaged so seems appropriate, i mean its not exactly an xbox ........but something sentimental all the same.............something that will be more and more appreciated as the years pass xx

Tho you must have had a good day with this site as ive checked out and they want 32.99 .......really cant work it out :(

Last edited:
Really?! If you signed up via the link I sent you, it should credit one free book to your account which I believe you can see at the top right? .. Also, there is a live help chat thingy and they helped me out when I was a bit stuck trying to validate my free book! (second one he he!) But I just clicked live help and she managed to see exactly what I was creating and then put it all through for me?! Clever!!
Save your book that you've made and if they're not available on live chat now, then contact them tomo and they will do it right away for you :) .. Good luck Hun, took me a while too but I think they are so worth it! After the one I did for my sister, I then did one for my partner of our most recent holiday pics and no matter how expensive the presents are I've bought him over the years, this is the one that he really loves the most as it's got sentimental value like you say and with little sayings that we have too, gives it that real personal touch :)
Let me know how you get on xx

Really?! If you signed up via the link I sent you, it should credit one free book to your account which I believe you can see at the top right? .. Also, there is a live help chat thingy and they helped me out when I was a bit stuck trying to validate my free book! (second one he he!) But I just clicked live help and she managed to see exactly what I was creating and then put it all through for me?! Clever!!
Save your book that you've made and if they're not available on live chat now, then contact them tomo and they will do it right away for you :) .. Good luck Hun, took me a while too but I think they are so worth it! After the one I did for my sister, I then did one for my partner of our most recent holiday pics and no matter how expensive the presents are I've bought him over the years, this is the one that he really loves the most as it's got sentimental value like you say and with little sayings that we have too, gives it that real personal touch :)
Let me know how you get on xx

yeah i put the code in and its gave me £10 off but on my link it said free minibook..........tried the spiral book and it said i had to refer a friend so i used another email and signed up and its saying no one has signed up yet. im very confused .........ill have a chat like you said .......if not ill prob end up paying for it as its soo nice :rolleyes:

yeah i put the code in and its gave me £10 off but on my link it said free minibook..........tried the spiral book and it said i had to refer a friend so i used another email and signed up and its saying no one has signed up yet. im very confused .........ill have a chat like you said .......if not ill prob end up paying for it as its soo nice :rolleyes:

Ah that's weird as you shouldn't need to put a code in, you should just see the free book credited to your account upon joining?
Yes, have a chat to them via live chat.. They told me I had done something wrong and I just said what a nightmare, as it had taken me so long, would they be able to give it to me free as a gesture of goodwill and she said yes straight away!! I was soo pleased lol cuz they really are fab :)
Good luck Hun xxx

Ah that's weird as you shouldn't need to put a code in, you should just see the free book credited to your account upon joining?
Yes, have a chat to them via live chat.. They told me I had done something wrong and I just said what a nightmare, as it had taken me so long, would they be able to give it to me free as a gesture of goodwill and she said yes straight away!! I was soo pleased lol cuz they really are fab :)
Good luck Hun xxx

They arnt online now but going to see about it tomorrow will let you know how i get on :D

Mine was confusing when i ordered on of those but i got it sorted in the end, I can't remember how try the chat thing tomorrow as suggested.

I like the knitted headband link thanks for that.

What about lip balm thats dead easy I put mine in those little jam jars last year

Lip Balm Recipe

or bath salts they are very very easy you litterally through everything in a bowl, mix then put it in a jar

Homemade Bath Salts - Martha Stewart Crafts

I don't have any other made ideas at the moment because you said your not a big one for making things and a lot of the other links I have are knitted or crocheted.

Who do you have left to find presents for?

oooo you could do like a night in hamper for your other half with a dvd, bottle of wine, bubble bath, chocies, a handmade voucher book (this voucher entitles you to a meal cooked by me etc or however adventurous you want to go) and whatever else you think of

oooo you could do like a night in hamper for your other half with a dvd, bottle of wine, bubble bath, chocies, a handmade voucher book (this voucher entitles you to a meal cooked by me etc or however adventurous you want to go) and whatever else you think of

This is a lovely idea xx

i love this idea,im going to strat planning it now:d

Mine was confusing when i ordered on of those but i got it sorted in the end, I can't remember how try the chat thing tomorrow as suggested.

I like the knitted headband link thanks for that.

What about lip balm thats dead easy I put mine in those little jam jars last year

Lip Balm Recipe

or bath salts they are very very easy you litterally through everything in a bowl, mix then put it in a jar

Homemade Bath Salts - Martha Stewart Crafts

I don't have any other made ideas at the moment because you said your not a big one for making things and a lot of the other links I have are knitted or crocheted.

Who do you have left to find presents for?

okay so ive established..........im getting a hair voucher for my mam at a local salon . a meal voucher for my dad. my partner the book and a hamper.....maybe get somik cheeky out my mams cat for a big present as i know hell spoil me best he can. My best friend the cup..........im really stuck on what to get my 11yr old bro and sis they are at an age where the want the best of everything. im thinking of getting a bracelet made for my sister that personalised and i know someone who does them cheap but really stuck there so hard to buy for.............and of course theres the pets :D

get them a personalised mug...there really cheap and you could even have a name or poem on there or a picture of you both!!

get them a personalised mug...there really cheap and you could even have a name or poem on there or a picture of you both!!

Thanks hun yeah ive got one for my bestie.........there fab arnt they?.......my BF got me one for my birthday I LOVE IT :lol:

ino i love them!! im secretly wishing some one would get me one but dont want to tell them cuz it wont feel as special.lol.

might sound a bit weird but how about baking a cake... i do a boiled cake ... it's dead easy, cheap and cheerful and everyone is impressed , and full after a few slices with a mug of tea ( i am Irish afterall, gallons of tea) give me a shout if you interested in the recipe..x

Latest posts

Back