im leaving the boards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babynailtec

Reaction score
hey geeks

im going to leave the boards and say good bye

i dont think im going to pass my course

Dont give up - even if you dont pass your course - not sure why you think you wont, but staying on board will help you to come back with a vengeance and pass, and some, the next time.

It seems like you are having a bit of a tough time with your course, is there not someone who can give you some extra tuition? or something more the geeks can help with?

Do you still want to do nails but are not getting the hang of it as quicky as you think you should?

Is it mainly the assignments?

The courses are hard but this makes it more worthwile in the end, when you look back and see what you have achieved.

Even if you do decide it is not for you, you can still geek about other stuff, you may even decide to go back to training once the pressure is off x

Thats a shame....Have you got much longer to go till you finish? :sad:

i have got until feb

i cant afford a nail trainner

I've had a look at your profile and it is apparent that you have been through a really tough time of late. Especially after a recent posting where you talked about your friend not accepting your support over her mum's cancer.

This is an extremely emotional time for you and NOT a good time to be making decisions about leaving the board.

A year ago, I had to give up doing what I loved (my job but also my hobby) .... gel nails due to overexposure and skin sensitivity. I was very depressed about it for ages and ages. I was gutted and cried alot and was irritable to my family. I soldiered on and continued to post on here. I never gave up and I have continued to learn and hopefully share the knowledge I had gained with other geeks.

Take time to think and regroup about what it is you really want to do. Please!

I have a nail trainer that I do not use anymore, your quite welcome to it if you want it?

I have a nail trainer that I do not use anymore, your quite welcome to it if you want it?

what a nice, generous offer, look babynailtec one problem solved already x :hug:

If you would like any help with your assignment plz give me a pm I still have all the notes.

thats really sweet

take the xmas break to re group you might feel different afterwards

i have weeks that i hate doing nails and they hate me! somedays i feel like crying and jacking it all in, i am glad i didn't beacause i did my best set of infills last week and the client phoned me yesterday to tell me so. Infills were my worst i dreaded them but with practise and support i got better.

if you feel like you do the worst nails then look on the bright side the only way now is up so don't give up xxxx:hug:

Please don't give up. I completed my foundation in February 2005 and I am STILL practising, it takes time. I have found that I much prefer gel to L&P and that is only from playing around with it.

I finally did a full set of nails on Friday (only white tips I am afraid) but my client was happy. I wasn't, but hey I think everyone of us criticises our own work and probably will do until the day we hang up our brushes.

I am waiting for my client to send me some piccies (my camera doesn't work) and I will finally be brave and post a piccie.

Don't give up, BabyNailTec! At one point in my training (during acrylics) I almost threw my training hand across the room and told my instructor that I didn't think I had it in me. Once you get past the hurdle that you're trying to get over, it will be better! Take advantage of all the positive energy here on The Geek and bring it with you...you will be successful! GOOD LUCK!

that is such a nice thing to do for someone hun :hug: really really generous
rep point comming your way lol

The trouble is people think what we do is so easy. The trouble is the better you get the harder it gets as you get more self critical, and there is so much theory to learn too.

The best things in life are those that we have had to struggle to achieve. Just think of it as being at the bottom of Mount Everest, jeez that peek is so high you can't even see it because it's hidden by the clouds. But each step you take gets you closer to the summit ... and when you get to the top the view you get is amazing.

So come on hun, keep plodding and before you know it you'll be soaring above the clouds. We've ALL had to take those painful steps up that mountain trust me, but keep going and come and join us up here .... the feeling is awesome :hug: :hug:

dont give up hun i failed my creative foundation course i was gutted they were very good though i was sent home on day 4 thinking that was it i will never be a nail tec they said i could resit the exam on day 5 so i study my book like you wouldnt belive and practised my nails on my nail trainer which is a godsend did day 5 and resat my exam and passed so please dont give up and leave the site ive had so much help on here and advise from the professional tecs dont no what i would off done if i hadnt found this site big:hug: and keep at it love donna

The trouble is people think what we do is so easy. The trouble is the better you get the harder it gets as you get more self critical, and there is so much theory to learn too.

The best things in life are those that we have had to struggle to achieve. Just think of it as being at the bottom of Mount Everest, jeez that peek is so high you can't even see it because it's hidden by the clouds. But each step you take gets you closer to the summit ... and when you get to the top the view you get is amazing.

So come on hun, keep plodding and before you know it you'll be soaring above the clouds. We've ALL had to take those painful steps up that mountain trust me, but keep going and come and join us up here .... the feeling is awesome :hug: :hug:

omg that was what i was thinking as i was giving birth lol, nails aint that painfull lmao

2nd thought they are probebly that emotional lol

Hey hun you cant give up now, you only have 3 months left to go and that will be here before you know it, you have the best advisers in the world on anything nail related right here on the site and wonderful Melanie has very kindly offered you her nail trainer, you can come on here any time and have a good old moan, so you see you dont need to give up you need to get on with it, we have all felt like you do while training but dont let it get the better of you, show this thing who is in charge of your life (YOU) and we would miss you :hug: come on hun show us all what you are made of :hug:

Latest posts

Back