I'm now a creative convert!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divajayne

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Did the creative conversion yesterday, and like very much!! :D Just a few questions as I'm sure it was impossible to cover everything in 1 day, although I wished a little info for rebalances was given, god knows how I get the smile line looking normal again after re-growth, but I'm sure you'll all help me :Scared: Is it necessary to use the white powder as I was shown as I have gone from a pretty experienced nail tech to a wobbly french line one :o surely not everyone wants a french look, I know for sure my old ladies don't, so please can you give me few pointers. Also if you are not applying the white do you just do normal 2,3,1 zone method?? Sorry if i sound thick, but the manual they gave me had no liquid and powder inserts and creative assure me they are in the post :confused:

My 3 sets looked fab enough today, but I would like to be the better ;)

Congratulations on your conversion to Creative. Do remember that the Conversion class is to teach you how to best use Creative Products and not how to do nails. We respect that you know how to do that and rebalance techniques are the same no matter which system you are using ... its the product and how it handles and works that is different.

Having said that ... to your question ! Creative offers many choices of L&P not just pink and French white. There is a soft white and a natural and a crystal clear powder ... there is a pink, an extreme pink and a flawless pink powder. With Creative it is about raising the bar and highering your level of custom service for your clients by offering them something that is right for them. It's not just French or nothing.

I have always done a two powder service for every client ... always. Whether it be natural for the tip and pink or French or just natural soft white. And all my clients old and young alike loved being given the choice.

You can keep on doing the 'same old, same old' but I suggest that now you have gone up market with your products, your go up market with your services and wow your clients with the new choices available to them. Great smile lines will come soon enough with practice from an old hand like you and your confidence will soar again.

You know what they say? Keep doing what you were doing and you'll only get what you already had. Now is the time to elevate everything you do. If you are excited about your new products and services, then so will your clients be too. Think outside your 'box' and do something new.

Hi Geeg!

Thanks for the quick response, you are very impressive!:hug: I appreciate everything you have said, I just want and need perfection over night, and I know that is impossible, but my proud time of a 1hr 15mins set has increased to a 2hr 30 mins set and has knocked my confidence a little, I feel I have started from the beginning again and it's a little daunting:o I just thought while I was practising my smile lines on single tips straight from the box I could just use the one colour l&p for clients to save me time? Does that make sense?:confused:

Yes that makes a 'certain kind of sense' but as long as you run back to your comfort zone because of time constraints, then I fear that you will never get the practice in.

BUT if you take a week or two to gain confidence and speed by doing every set in two colours o rat least every new set in two colours, you will soon cut your time down again when you get a routine. Your clients will understnad and love you for the beautiful results.

hi there

perfection over night ! glad im not the only one always wanting this !! lol

I feel the same as you do after my courses, which i absolutely love taking, we are learning different techniques, often with different products. It doesn't mean that our timings (though fairly important, the quality of our nails should be priority - but i understand your frustrations) will stay the same - we are being taught to work smarter and whilst there is an increase in time when we learn new things, in time, you'll find that actually we are producing better results and we will reap client satisfaction, a strong well respected name for ourselves and our work, and the financial rewards !

It can be a very frustrating time for us all but believe me in time you'll appreciate and realise the new ways of working are really exciting (easy for me to say now as I WAS LITTLE MISS FRUSTRATED !! lol) Your timings, if important to you, will naturally decrease without you probably being aware !

kx

divajayne said:
Hi Geeg!

Thanks for the quick response, you are very impressive!:hug: I appreciate everything you have said, I just want and need perfection over night, and I know that is impossible, but my proud time of a 1hr 15mins set has increased to a 2hr 30 mins set and has knocked my confidence a little, I feel I have started from the beginning again and it's a little daunting:o I just thought while I was practising my smile lines on single tips straight from the box I could just use the one colour l&p for clients to save me time? Does that make sense?:confused:

Latest posts

Back