I'm rubbish at infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beanzybaby

Reaction score
hello, sorry asking for advice again.
infills, rebalance im having a nightmare. just started working in a salon start of last wk and all the nails ive done so far ive been really pleased with, just think as soon as someone books in for a rebalance im gonna lose them.
i cant seem to blend the old product in to the natural nail feel like no matter how much i blend i just cant get it to disappear.
im really starting to worry, just dont know wot im gonna do when i have to do them on a client.
if anyone has any tips, id really appriate it.x

Have you tried, instead of just filing around the ages where it needs blending, if you take some of the thickness out of the nail first and then the blending...??? Its a lot easier :)

Do you have a copy of Nailclass?
If not you should consider getting one as its great & explains everything so well, it will really help you with all your concerns :hug:

no yeh thats what i try to do at least straighten shape, take down length, then file over the top, perhaps not enough? think maybe im applying to thickly in zone 3 to start off with? could that make it more difficult to blend?x

yeah, try filing the nail down more and see how you get on. Have you been doing nails for long? I had been trained for about a year until i actually started to manage to blend properly! I think its just practice...! Maybe if your able to, when your clients come back for the infills book out a little bit more extra time so you can try filing more to see if that helps and not have to worry about timing aswell as blending. I still do this now if some clients stretch out their appointments just so i dont have to rush and make sure i do a good job.x

Hi beanzybaby, I'm in a similar prediciment as you! I did my nail tech course last week, and were shown how to put each system ON, but coz none of the nails needed rebalancing / infills, we were just given step-by-step instructions on carrying out the maintenance.

I'm soooooooooo worried about it too! Am gonna have a look for Nailclass which Lauz has recommended - think I may need all the help I can get! I'm hoping it'll all come with practice as everyhing does, we just need to remember that Rome wasn't built in a day (as my mum keeps reminding me!). Good luck hun! :)

yeh ill try that, i qualified im may learnt at college. but to be honost course was abit of a joke, learnt more since i qualified. had a couple of hours one2one training, then just from here and books. can definatly book at longer, in a newly opened salon so is still not busy, so will defo leave myself plenty of time.
and i do havea copy of nailclass, and im still struggling! lol! maybe im just a lost cause!!x

just keep tryin.... you will get there! Then once you have figured out where you need to file and how much then you can work on the speed side of it. You will get there though.. We were all like this at the start, just keep tryin! :)

ohhh the lovely blending :green:

it can be such a pain at times but a couple of pointers i was given years ago

1 definately file zone 3 down more you need to thin out the whole nail really because if its chunky at on part its not going to blend very well at all.

2 make sure you are holding your file on the right angle if you are filing to much on an angle you will just keep cutting into the blend spot rather then smoothing it over

3 although you do need to blend in the line try not to focus always right on top of the line, buff with a flat file just above where the line is.

i hope this isnt too confusing for you :lol:

good luck

thanks for the links, and think i understand your pointers shellstar, will definatly use all these guides.
was thinkin last night in my sleep, lol! am i trying to achieve the correct thing? im trying to make the line dissapear like you do when blending a tip, or should i be rather trying to make line flush with nail?
not gonna give up, just getting really frustrated and worried, think its gonna take me longer to do a rebalance than a new set!!x

Have you considered the products you are using may be making life difficult for you? Lord so many products are like concrete to file .. I could never use or work with them after using the products I use.

Why not purchase a 'TRY me' kit from CND and see how beautiful and soft a product can be to file and integrate into the nail? You'll never know until you try that there are better things around that are easier to use and that make your life as a nail technician so much more pleasant and less hard work.

Latest posts

Back