I'm so gutted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melanie390

Reaction score
Hi to all nail geeks,
Im so gutted as you can see in my profile i uploaded a pic of my first full set of gel nails that i did as a tester yesterday and now today i havent got a single one on my finger ive got all my nail sets sitting in my dining room and now ive found out apart from acrylics that dont seem to be any good for my nails neither is the gels by the looks of it...oh i do wish i could wear them they are so lovely and the nail art ive seen i wish i could have it done on myself... i feel like crying:cry:

im really sorry to hear that.x
im sure you must be able to wear nails as yours look quite good.
are you sure you didnt do something wrong e.g your prep work?
how are they comming off?

Ah see i would have said the same ! most of the time its down to prep honey try to go back over what you have done and maybe spend a bit more time on prep and make sure there is nothing on the nail bed and its dehydrated ( and you dont touch the nail with fingers !)
Good luck and keep trying xxxx

Have you had any professional training?
Just curious as a lot of your posts have incorrect information in them ie: acrylics ruining your nails, when it is can be from the client picking/biting the enhancements off or the tech damaging them. Nails needing to breathe, nails dont have lungs hence have no need to breathe. etc.
No offence intend just curious as to your training.

Hiya,

Just had a quick look at your profile information.

Can you tell us where you did your nail training , with whom and what products you used?

I noticed a message you wrote on your own profile about not being happy with the salon & buying a kit from Ebay and having a go yourself.

Hi all thanks for your msgs,
First of all i done a 20 week course at the college in ellesmere port in cheshire around 2002 and that was doing acrylic i did a one day course in a salon in chester doing gels and then a different day doing nail art i do have certificates for all of these courses ill try and take pics later and upload them to show you, seen as ive only had a one day course doing gel im a bit more experienced in doing the acrylic than the gel im only practising on the gel myself rather than doing it on other people, if i have a few people who ask me am i still doing nails i would say yes, but that is all i get so i just have the nail equipment at the moment sitting in my dining room not doing nothing, which upsets me in a way as i think its all that learning from college going to waste. I used to be mobile when i left the college but had to give it up for ages to look after my husband who is disabled but i started trying to take it up more of a hobby to regain the experience as i cant quite afford the refresher course i am at present waiting to go to college in ellesmere port in cheshire to learn the nvq level 1 beauty therapy and see if that takes off, the acrylics i use are nsi products and the gels are just a trial pack i got from nsi in manchester i didnt order them from ebay as there were so many different ones and as im not an experienced nail tech in gels i didnt no which to buy i think myself personally i need retraining any other suggestions thanks for ur replys mel

Hi guys thanks for your msgs earlier as promised i have took a photo of my certificates and have uploaded them on my profile and also took a pic of my left hand showing what my hand looks like after the gels came off any more advice would be much appreciated thanks mel

Hi babes, maybe if you talk us thru what you do, we can help you .x

You didn't need to upload your certificates hun, if you just fill in your profile more people would be able to see what they want to know and from there give you the best possible advice :hug: x

Latest posts

Back