In home salon, honest opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm hugely into up-cycling so I have up cycled and created my pop up home salon! Nothing here was paid for! This is the closed salonView attachment 56665View attachment 56666
This is for nails
View attachment 56667View attachment 56668
And this is for hair and makeup
View attachment 56669View attachment 56670
It's small and rustic but I love it!

Just need to print some promo posters, price lists and some offer flyers! Hang up my certificates and get a bigger mirror!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

That's great! It's like "suprise! Nail salon is here!" and everything can be tucked away do tidily.

Thank you! I really love it! Takes up next to no space when it's all folded away! Going to invest in a salon chair eventually for my hair clients and me to sit I when doing nails! And I need to buy a portable basin and a good dryer which I will keep upstairs when I don't need to use it! Iv got a Wella photo shoot coming up and when I get the photo back I'm goin to create a poster with it, print of a price list and some offer leaflets! Just waiting for some supplies to arrive! And my name badge I ordered! Need to order my uniform! And then I am ready to go lol! Seems so close but so far away

Think it's great I will be getting a pop up table when I do my room

Think it's great I will be getting a pop up table when I do my room

Really works! Mine is recycled from an old kitchen cabinet! Im using an old broom handle for a metal leg support currently but me and my dad are on the look out for something else to use! And my nail polish display is another old small kitchen cabinet, with a piece of wood screwed ontop and covered in black glittery paper! And then inside my cabinet I can store colours/chemicals! Iv felt like bob the builder this week lol

After writing that the perfect thing came to mind! Part of an old floor standing lamp! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392840130.598827.jpg
Looks much better and is a more stable support!

Think it's cool my husband made pop up table for my dd to do her homework so handle to just fold up out the way.

Ok seriously, you're a genius.

Haha feeling loved! My hmm thinks i have hoarding qualities but if I hadn't of kept all this crap in my out house I wouldn't have this right now!! Never know when something will come in handy lol

If I can make a hallway work you can definitely make your dining room work! You've got a fantastic space there to use and the dividers, should you use them, will be great too :) have a attached a recent pick of my hallway/studio and if you fancy a nose there's more pics on my website www.thenailboutiquemargate.co.uk/nailstudio

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask what table you have? And what length it is, it looks a great length for me!

Hiya

If your clients like your work, the surrounding shouldn't make any difference to them.

I've been in salons where even though it's a proper high street salon, they are crowded (especially the NSS), dirty, dusty, people can hear my conversation.
I just didn't feel there was a special touch.

I'm home based, my salon is the first door as you walk into my house. We are lucky to have 3 lounges so I could convert the front room to a salon.

It's clean, tidy, shut off from the rest of the house, I have a 50 inch tv, for my clients to watch wat ever they want, always offer teas and coffees.
My clients love the fact that it's a home salon they feel they are getting treated special. Some of them even said if you ever open a salon we wouldn't want to come! I'm not cheap I charge what I'm worth. I've trained with good companies & use top products. I don't feel just becoz I'm a home salon I should charge less. My customers are happy to pay for their treatments.

I'll attach a few pictures of my salon, they were taken ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907120.296875.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907146.249668.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907177.468070.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907207.589959.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907236.639510.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907259.757690.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907292.765462.jpgon my phone a few months ago. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907035.225615.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392907064.209720.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Stunning salon! Wish I had the spare space for such a lovely salon! But I agree on the big salon thing! People are queuing for some salons in town which are covered in hair and dust, the staff are chatting, and when it's quiet they aren't even their to welcome you! At least clients know if they are in your home they are being welcomed and taken care of on a one to one basis

I was mobile but found it too much lugging things around, so my husband has just finished this for me. The other side of the room is a single bed and wardrobe that my daughter uses when she comes home from uni, I just need to find a screen/ room divider so that when she is home I can continue using the room and not see her mess!!! lol

Attachments

• 1610066_295793000573040_823980355_n.jpg
    1610066_295793000573040_823980355_n.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 378
Lol i would need an estate if I went mobile! I do hair nails and make up!!

What do you guys do regarding acrylic fumes in your home?

What do you guys do regarding acrylic fumes in your home?

Yeah this a concern of mine.., my family hate the smell! Im gonna be pushing gel all the way lol!!!! Maybe I will just take acrylic clients in the mornings!!

Lol well I'm only just learning nail enhancements but I'm only interested in acrylic don't want to learn gel! I did two nails today for practise and the smell is so strong! Don't help we both have coughs and it's aggravated it

I was mobile but found it too much lugging things around, so my husband has just finished this for me. The other side of the room is a single bed and wardrobe that my daughter uses when she comes home from uni, I just need to find a screen/ room divider so that when she is home I can continue using the room and not see her mess!!! lol

Hi Kaznal, your area looks great :0) I saw quite nice room dividers on Amazon a little while back if it helps you in your search. Where did you get your trolley from as I'm after something just like it x

This is all just so great. You guys have been amazing. It's the start of my weekend today so time to practice practice practice.
I'm the night manager of a nice hotel and already last night the girls from the restaurant jumped me to find out about my nails (gel polish french) and were amazed when I said I did them myself.

The servers and housekeepers will be the first people I try to drag in! Lol

Can I ask what table you have? And what length it is, it looks a great length for me!

I got it from ikea sorry lovey can't remember the name or length. The only downside is the back of it has a low support plinth type bit, so I have to sit reasonably low down which means my client sits with the drawer and gets under the table at a normal height. When I went to ikea I specifically tested out the chairs and the table height to see if it's workable and for me it is. What ever height I sit at my nose practically touches my clients nails so being low down is ok for me. Im also only five foot two so little legs! May be worth trying before you buy with different chairs. I think if you go on ikea and search white desk it should still come up. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya

If your clients like your work, the surrounding shouldn't make any difference to them.

I've been in salons where even though it's a proper high street salon, they are crowded (especially the NSS), dirty, dusty, people can hear my conversation.
I just didn't feel there was a special touch.

I'm home based, my salon is the first door as you walk into my house. We are lucky to have 3 lounges so I could convert the front room to a salon.

It's clean, tidy, shut off from the rest of the house, I have a 50 inch tv, for my clients to watch wat ever they want, always offer teas and coffees.
My clients love the fact that it's a home salon they feel they are getting treated special. Some of them even said if you ever open a salon we wouldn't want to come! I'm not cheap I charge what I'm worth. I've trained with good companies & use top products. I don't feel just becoz I'm a home salon I should charge less. My customers are happy to pay for their treatments.

I'll attach a few pictures of my salon, they were taken View attachment 56922View attachment 56923View attachment 56924View attachment 56925View attachment 56926View attachment 56927View attachment 56928on my phone a few months ago. View attachment 56920View attachment 56921

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow, you've done a good job there!

Can I ask? I see that you have a few Microplane foot files on sale there, how did you manage to order so many?
I was told by S2 that they were not for retail, but professional use only.

Latest posts

Back