in need of help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynam121

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this site, so bear with me if m doing it all wrong, lol!

Ok, here goes. So I am looking into going mobile doing spray tan, nail extensions and lash extensions. I have recently graduated in Marketing but have been unemployed for 4months now! I had been working previously in a salon (Receptionist) for 2 years and I loved every min of it as I have always loved and been interested in all the treatments the girls were doing! Anyway I got the chance a few times doing nails, lashes and tans and obv saw that these were the most popular treatments going!

I have sourced out training in Glasgow that will cover all of the training to get me started and I stat in 2weeks (cant wait!!!!).

So my question to you guys out there is if anyone can recommend what brand of

• lashes to use (I.e., Hollywood lashes, Nouveau lash, Jinnylash, 3D lash) there are so many and have spent days trying to research them all and apart from price I’m not to sure of the difference?

• What’s the best Spray tan brands out there (again days of research have confused me and again apart from price and brand names i.e. FAKEBAKE im not too sure) :grr:

• Also what spray machines to use (HVLP v’s Compressor) I would ideally want to start doing spray party’s so one that could take doing maybe 5-6 in a night?

Also I have recently purchased a student starter kit from NSI from bay, do you think this will be ok to get me started?

Any help or tips on starting up would be greatly appreciated gus1

Thanks in advance

Lynam121 :o

Hi everyone, I am new to this site, so bear with me if m doing it all wrong, lol!

Ok, here goes. So I am looking into going mobile doing spray tan, nail extensions and lash extensions. I have recently graduated in Marketing but have been unemployed for 4months now! I had been working previously in a salon (Receptionist) for 2 years and I loved every min of it as I have always loved and been interested in all the treatments the girls were doing! Anyway I got the chance a few times doing nails, lashes and tans and obv saw that these were the most popular treatments going!

I have sourced out training in Glasgow that will cover all of the training to get me started and I stat in 2weeks (cant wait!!!!).

So my question to you guys out there is if anyone can recommend what brand of

• lashes to use (I.e., Hollywood lashes, Nouveau lash, Jinnylash, 3D lash) there are so many and have spent days trying to research them all and apart from price I’m not to sure of the difference?
  • What’s the best Spray tan brands out there (again days of research have confused me and again apart from price and brand names i.e. FAKEBAKE im not too sure) :grr:
  • Also what spray machines to use (HVLP v’s Compressor) I would ideally want to start doing spray party’s so one that could take doing maybe 5-6 in a night?
Also I have recently purchased a student starter kit from NSI from bay, do you think this will be ok to get me started?

Any help or tips on starting up would be greatly appreciated gus1

Thanks in advance

Lynam121 :o

Hi

Welcome to the site and good luck with following your dream!

For lashes and spray tans, try www.wowproducts.co.uk for Flirties lashes and Tantrick spray tans. Also good for start up kits - you can tailor your own kit to suit your budget. For nail courses, go with the best Creative Nail Design www.sweetsquared.com from the off and you won't fail!

You cannot guarantee that the products on ebay are genuine, so I would strongly advise you buy your kit from the company you chose to do your training with.

As for start up advice, be aware it takes time to build up a client base especially mobile. Be prepared to work hard. Practice on your friends and family and get them to recommend you and promote you by handing out your leaflets. Get a decent website and advertise with someone like yell.com.

Definitely get an HVLP tan machine (T200 is a good one to start mobile) - again don't buy second hand - get a decent one!

Good luck and remember this site is here for searches and advice on just about anything!:hug:

Latest posts

Back