infilling others work tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

i booked in a lady for tomorrow night who has her nails done at a big shopping centre for £40 (my full set price £25)
i saw the nails and she said they werent gel but i couldnt tell what they were (didnt get a good enough look)
they were thin
but they were sooo wide, i dont know if her nails were naturally wide or if it was down to the tech
and she said it has been 2 weeks since she had them done and look..
i thought she was going to show me some lifting but the product had been stuck all over her cuticles (u kno wot i mean!) and sidewalls and where it was growing out, it was bulky at bottom where it had come away from the skin (is this making sense?)
anyway-im scared
what if it is l&p?
i use backscratchers extreme and usually white or french pearl tips, what if i buff them down and the white comes away
i do have pink and white powder but so unpracticed at it

have i done the right thing saying i would try and infill them?
she doesnt want to travel to shopping centre (ages away and im 5 mins up road)
and she wants me to keep doing them but thought she might as well continue with this set till they need changing

what should i do?
shall i try?
or shall i soak off and put lovely new set on at reduced one time only price.
i dont like the idea of filling these as they look like they are going to be a lot of work!
HELP
XXX

shall i soak off and put lovely new set on at reduced one time only price.
[/QUOTE]

I understand how daunting this is. IMO I would do as you have suggested (soak of and start again) that way you are maintaining your own work when she comes back for a rebalance.
Also you get the chance to look at her natural nail, so you can check for any contra-indications.

HTH's and good luck I'm sure you will have a happy client.

what would other geeks do???
xxxxx

Hi

Well i would thin the whole lot down and then apply over it with your back scratchers. All you do with the white powder is use the forms just remember to remove them before you activate and you cant go wrong!

im scared, going at 6.30pm and scared i'll make a big mess of them!!
wish me luck
xx

Let us know how you get on x

Good luck - I'm sure you will be fine - let us know how it went :wink2:

Hope all went well,

Let us know how it went.

xxx

well, i havent long been in, she was booked in along with her friend

i started on her friend first but no one told me she was quite a bad biter!!
anyway, i have never seen cuticles this bad in my life! they were covering half of her nail plate (tiny nail plate)

so i tidied them up a bit and put loads of cuticle remover on her and sat her to the side in bowls of warm water while i started on the first lady

she had white tips so i was pleased about this
the bulky stuff she had round her cuticles and side walls was mostly top coat that she had boughtt from sallys (the tech who done them said she must put this on every day to keep them shiny! )

so when i had took all that gunk off, i got a better look
the nails were really wide- she said her nails were wide anyway, i said no, its not just your nails- the product had grown away from the cuticle and a lot of it was right up and a bit over the side walls

(now, i fix up other girls cuticles with cuticle knife-tons better and more nail to work with & sat her to the side again-lol)

so here i go filing, im so scared to cut her with files as im having to file very near her sidewalls-anyway no cuts. it took forever to take product down and sort out the little bit lifting-it was really hard to file-i dont think it was mma tho.

looked loads better when i was done and she had purple dried pressed flowers too. they looked lovely-lots thinner (narrower)

then i started the other girl who opted for natural tips, i pre-blended them-which i have never done-and never practiced but thanx to all on this site i did it and i'll never not do it again!
it was so much easier
stil takes me a while tho
she had hers plain

retailed cuticle oil for both (even tho i spotted a full bottle of star nails cuticle oil on my way in- booked her sister in for tomorrow morning (supposed to be having a lie-in- oh well) and boked all 3 of them for infills on the same day in the same house 2 weeks from tomorrow!

the first lady was given no aftercare leaflet or anything

i now feel proud as that was the best set of natural tips ive ever done and she was a pretty bad biter-esp her thumbs
and ive infilled someone elses work and made them look so much better!

oh yea, and her 9 yr old daughter was hanging around watching, she said she could have nail art if i had time so she had bright pink varnish with black and silver glitter stripes- only charged her £2 instead of £5 as i was so chuffed (and kids nail art im assuming probably wont last long-if shes anything like my daughter!)

well my trumpet has been well and truly blown

thankyou all for help
xxx

Wow nice work babe xxxxYou have every reason to feel proud
Sounds like you had a busy night xxx

Well done, you should feel exhausted, but bet you feel on a bit of a high!

:Kissing: :hug: :Kissing: :hug: :Kissing: :hug: :Kissing: :hug: just want to kiss and hug u all coz i think ur all fab!

i love this site

b/f says im addicted

me- addicted?

pah!

hehe:wink2:
x

Well done.

Glad to hear it all went well.

xxx

so pleased for you! well done

Well done you, could you tell me a little bit more about pre-blending?

ah bless ya heart sounds like you had a really good night and alot to be proud of......... :hug:

Latest posts

Back