Infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastwax

Reaction score
hi
ive been doing semi permanent lashes now for a few month and have done loads and they seem to be going great apart from the drying time of the glue which isnt that much of a problem. the problem i have is when it comes to infills it seems to take me for ever and i dont feel like i get that many new hairs in and im charging between £15 and £25 also after the first set of infills the lashes seem to come out in clumps after that.
what am i doing wrong ??

How long do you leave it for the client to come back and get the infills done? Do you just fill in the gaps where lashes might have fallen out due to the natural regrowth cycle or do you try and fit more in?
Do you make sure that you separate and isolate the lashes for the infills or how do you apply the extensions?
and when you say the lashes fall out in clumps, are there several lashes or extensions glued together?
Sorry for the questions but if you can help and explain a bit then it will be easier to recommend what you could change?

I'm still fairly new to this but wonder if your debonder is getting on to other lashes when you are removing the loose ones?
I had this problem when I was first doing infills. I wasn't cleansing the lashes properly after using debonder or letting them dry for long enough before applying the infills.
This then weakens the bond of the existing lashes and they come loose.

i do infills every 2-3weeks. i think i do try to fit more in rather than just infilling ( i think i do this because i feel i could have maybe done more on the initial set ) ive never seen the clumps its just what clients have said, that they come out in clumps where as after the first fitting they dont seem to notice loosing any. i always isolate each hair when fitting but i have noticed some times other hairs sticking to the fitted lashes so i do keep brushing through and try seperate with tweezers if needed xx

To do the infills every 2-3 weeks is right and as you would always try to fit the extensions to the "medium" lashes (ie not the youngest and not the oldest as they will fall out the soonest) its possible to have some more extensions fitted in when the client comes back for their infills.

As you havent seen the clumps that "fall out" it could be that the clients are pulling them out? have you noticed any gaps when they come back for their infills? Normally lashes or extensions wont just fall out so it might be that if you dont keep the neighbour lashes separated till the adhesive is dry they would stick together and form a clump and it might be the weight that will damage the natural lash or the client actually pulling these clumps out together with the natural lash.
Try and make sure that you keep the other lashes away till the adhesive is set so that they cant stick together and then you should be fine :hug:

thanks for your advice. my clients havent had bald patches when they come back but sometimes i am struggling to find desent lashes to lash on im just worrying incase im damaging natural lashes. i understand what you mean about waiting for lashes to dry but no matter how much glue i use it seems to take for ever for it to dry hence the sticking together of lashes, i use the glam lash adhesive have you used it ? just wondering if its my technique or just the glue takes ages to dry. i do a full set in 2 an a half hours yet its taking me 1 an a half hours for infills and im still not happy with results !
thank you so much for helping me xx

If your adhesive is taking too long to set you can either use a blower to speed the time up or use a different adhesive but its very important to make sure that the adhesive is set properly before letting go of the neighbouring lashes because these clusters can be very uncomfortable for the client and also damage the natural lash and cause it to fall out prematurely!
Hope this helps? :hug:

Hi I would change your glue, I had a prob with this glue too, took too long to dry, if you change to a quicker drying glue you will get quicker and have less stickies, and see improvement on infill time as when infilling you tend to work in a different pattern than when you are doing full sets, quicker drying glue will avoid lashes sticking together, another good tip is to tape back the tips of lash extensions when doing your infills so you can see the non lashed natural eyelash hth.

thank you both so much. can i ask what glue you use x

Hi I would change your glue, I had a prob with this glue too, took too long to dry, if you change to a quicker drying glue you will get quicker and have less stickies, and see improvement on infill time as when infilling you tend to work in a different pattern than when you are doing full sets, quicker drying glue will avoid lashes sticking together, another good tip is to tape back the tips of lash extensions when doing your infills so you can see the non lashed natural eyelash hth.

Mmm. what do you mean tape back the tips of the extensions?

Linda

I use Glamlash adhesive and find that lashes are sticking to each other, getting very frustrated. Would love to know what adhesive is quick drying:)

Hi, i use the flirties adhesives, there is a black and clear adhesive which is fumefree and odourless and then there is a faster setting one also which is perfect once you are experienced a bit more in the lash application. hth :hug:

HI am using flirties speed and strength at the moment 3 secs drying time little fumey so you need to keep clients eyes closed for 5- 10 mins at the end of the treatment, this is a very fast setting glue will speed up your infills, might be too quick for you if you have been using glamlashes glue, another good glue is ilash express(yellow top), bit slower drying than flifties no fumes .

Mmm. what do you mean tape back the tips of the extensions?

Linda
HI when doing infills use a bit of micropore tape and gently lift the tips of the extensions back and tape back to skin above eye, detach tape first, then you will see all non extended lashes to apply, there is a picture on the eyelash extension chat forum (wake uo in your make up) which has been posted by happy lashes, great tip, use this sometimes if am having trouble finding lashes. hth.

thaks everyone so much. will defo try taping back the lashes also think i'll order some yellow top glue from ilash. can you tell me where to get this from please xx

HI when doing infills use a bit of micropore tape and gently lift the tips of the extensions back and tape back to skin above eye, detach tape first, then you will see all non extended lashes to apply, there is a picture on the eyelash extension chat forum (wake uo in your make up) which has been posted by happy lashes, great tip, use this sometimes if am having trouble finding lashes. hth.

thanks. so is this chat where the pic is on another site or on this one?
Does this practise not damage the lashes/extensions that are taped back? Strain on the root for example?

Linda

thank you, will order that now xx

Latest posts

Back