InFills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
I did a infill yesterday and I just couldn't blend it....Once I finished the set I could see the line from the originl set..I use an odour free Uv acrylic system similar to the millinium system.The file I use are 120/220....can anyone recommend some advice? I was really down about this when my client left...
I just felt like packing up and letting the whole nail thing go :cry: I am really enjoying doing nails but, when a small thing goes wrong if feels like the entire world has come down on you...It's upsetting....

ok, first we need to assess the reason for the line.
did the client have lifting when she returned for the fill ?

can you talk through how you did the infill hun ...did you file from the free edge down to the cuticle area ,or directly on top of the lifted area?

I filed from the free edge down to the cuticle area.. She had a little lifting on 2 nails but others where fine..When there is lifting would you file it right away? I felt if I was too file more I would file the tip off .:cry: .

yes, you really must get rid of all lifting before you fill, otherwise you'll always have a line. once you have filed, wipe over the nail with your dehydrator or acetone and as it dries you will see if there is still lifted product to remove.if its badly lifted soak it off instead of filing.
the other thing that can cause a line is a difference in mix ratio from the original application.
without seeing the line its tough to tell what you mean exactly.
if its caused by lifting, the best thing to do is to work on your prep and application skills to prevent the lifting.

Latest posts

Back