Ingrowing leg hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
I saw a client three weeks ago for 1/2 leg wax with the worst case of ingrowing hairs I have ever seen. She also has the toughest hair I have ever come across. I used strip sugar first followed by some hand paste and I just could not move the blighters.

For fear of causing the poor woman skin trauma, I retailed her some exfoliating gloves and moisturiser and she has come back to me today for a further treatment.

Her legs are just as bad as they were before. She is adamant that she has followed all the aftercare advice (in leaflet format) ie I gave her last time.

Is there anything else you guys can think of that would help? I did think of a body scrub/polish type treatment but I don't offer them as yet.

Ta.

What had she been using before for hair removal.Has she been waxing them herself.
It will probably take a while to get an improvement so dont expect miracles but obviously without a lot of aftercare from her they won't improve at all.Exfoliation and moisturising is the key also an exfoliating liquid like No bump might help but as its a large area this may be irritating.

What had she been using before for hair removal.Has she been waxing them herself.
It will probably take a while to get an improvement so dont expect miracles but obviously without a lot of aftercare from her they won't improve at all.Exfoliation and moisturising is the key also an exfoliating liquid like No bump might help but as its a large area this may be irritating.

This was exactly what I thought. She has been shaving them for years and obviously at all sorts of weird and wonderful angles as the way her hairs are growing is bizarre to say the least.

I did tell her that it would take time to see an improvement and not to get disheartened. In in parts it didn't look like I had done a good job at all and clients expect you to perform miracles sometimes don't they.

She did seem ok with things though and said she is prepared to persevere, but I think I may have quite a long road ahead before I see great improvements.

Thanks for your reply Gillian.

Get her PFB Vanish asap!

It prevents ingrowing hairs and draws out existing ones (even horrifically deep ones)....I know huberella, Axiom and myself (to name but three) swear by PFB Vanish.

You can also get it to retail.....

Here's the website for you hun - ingrown hairs: PFB Vanish ingrown hair treatment

I have a feeling you are a Susan Molyneux geek? (Forgive me if I'm wrong...)

I would definitely recommend Depil-Lotion... I used to get absolutely terrible ingrown hairs on my legs and chronic itching as the hairs grew back, but since I've been using Depil-Lotion these problems have completely cleared up. I use it most days (not every day as some mornings are just too much of a rush!) but most days, after my shower. Its smells gorgeous (lavender peppermint and tea tree if I remember rightly) and the texture is lovely and thick and rich. You don't need much, I put a small blob in the palms of my hands rubs them together and then quickly sweep over the legs.
Using it myself has also given me the confidence to retail it. I think it retails at £11.50 which some cost conscious clients think is a bit pricey but you can explain that it's extremely economical to use (i.e. just a small amount) so it will last for ages, and more importantly, it will make a huge difference to their problem! If you haven't got any samples, you could ask S/M. (or I can send you one, just ask x)

will def be looking into pfb- esp if its as great as you all say.

Just a quick update for you - I saw this lady again today and as you may remember I retailed some exfoliating gloves and told her to use them in the shower and exfoliate 3-4 times per week and apply moisturiser every day.

Well she has stuck to my recommendations and the difference in her legs today was absolutely amazing - I wish now I had taken some before and after piccies.

the last time I did her legs it looked like I hadn't bothered as there were so many ingrowing hairs - today I think I hooked out 4!!

So, didn't go down the PFB (hope that's right) route, but would suggest it/susan molyneux depil lotion to any other clients like this.

Latest posts

Back