Ingrown hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkies101

Reaction score
Hi all I know that this can be a really tiresome subject but I am soo stuck, just wondered if anybody knew of a miracle cure!

Basically I suffer from really really bad ingrown hairs. Whether I shave, wax, sugar, or cream it I still get ingrown. Its on my bikini line and my lower legs, but never my thighs.

I know with some clients it just looks like that hair is under the skin, but i get really bad spots, red marks and they ALWAYS scar. Ive even been trying to use hibi scrub to keep them clean, but to no such luck, any help please?? xx

I take it you use a loofah? Don't use soap as this makes them worse. Have you tried non strip wax as opposed to strip wax as this seems to lessen them? xxx

yep i use a loofah, body scrub, or body brush!!

Would that be like hot wax?
Im only trained in strip wax

yep i use a loofah, body scrub, or body brush!!

Would that be like hot wax?
Im only trained in strip wax
See if there's a salon near you that uses Perron Rigot.....or you could order some yourself. I'll be surprised if you don't find a big improvement. xxx

kim, i have a huge lump in my bikini line, its really sore. i have tired lanceing it, but couldnt get anything out, do you link it could be my lymp nodes?
in all the years i have been waxing my self i have never had this before.
:hug:

kim, i have a huge lump in my bikini line, its really sore. i have tired lanceing it, but couldnt get anything out, do you link it could be my lymp nodes?
in all the years i have been waxing my self i have never had this before.
:hug:
I can't say without seeing it so you should check with your doc. I know of a good remedy for ingrowns but I'll PM you as it's a home remedy and not professional. You know how petty a couple of people can be on here..........they'll be waiting to pounce on my every word. xxx

Last edited:
could you please pm me it as well as my hubby suffers with them on his leg's ,, thankyou , hope you dont mind me asking

I can't say without seeing it so you should check with your doc. I know of a good remedy for ingrowns but I'll PM you as it's a home remedy and not professional. You know how petty a couple of people can be on here..........they'll be waiting to pounce on my every word. xxx

thanks hun your a star xxxxx:hug:

Hi all I know that this can be a really tiresome subject but I am soo stuck, just wondered if anybody knew of a miracle cure!

Basically I suffer from really really bad ingrown hairs. Whether I shave, wax, sugar, or cream it I still get ingrown. Its on my bikini line and my lower legs, but never my thighs.

I know with some clients it just looks like that hair is under the skin, but i get really bad spots, red marks and they ALWAYS scar. Ive even been trying to use hibi scrub to keep them clean, but to no such luck, any help please?? xx

Have a look at this...it was a brill thread and angie got some advice.....kimmi is great aswell but just had to show you this one !!!! xxx
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/63614-ingrown-hair-me-lady-garden.html

I had ingrown hairs/spots on my legs (all over) very badly for years until I had a couple of sessions of IPL. I wanted to go on to have four or five sessions but it was just too expensive for me, maybe in the future!

After two sessions the hairs became much finer and although I still have hair it's much sparser and lighter so it doesn't grow under the skin any more. I have dark hair and pale skin so it worked particularly well on me.

It changed my life literally, I now feel 'normal' again! I hid my legs away for years, since I was fifteen (I'm 33 now!!), and tried absolutely every product, scrub, loofah under the sun. Nothing worked apart from IPL. I very rarely get any now at all. Hope that helps. x

i would love to have IPL, did it hurt?

yes, it was like someone putting a hot coffee cup against my leg and holding it there for just a bit too long! It did hurt, more than waxing, but the results have been worth it. x

Latest posts

Back