Initimate waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlz

Reaction score
Even though I am not trained I have to do Brazillian and Californian waxes in work as my boss has said we cant turn clients away. Bit unfair as I dont really know what I am doing and its not the standards I expect clients should have. My boss wont provide the training so I would like to go on a course.
Looking for a course in South Wales or West Midlands area, can anyone help?

Congratulations on being a conscientious and professional therapist. Your boss doesn't deserve you. I'm sure someone on here can locate a course for you; do it and think about moving on.

In my opionion i would stand up to your boss and demand they train you how other way can you learn? ,its a nice gesture you wanting to go on training and pay for it yourself but its not down to you. i remember getting pushed in at the deep end like that but i always got showed how to do it first. Good luck X

In my opionion i would stand up to your boss and demand they train you how other way can you learn? ,its a nice gesture you wanting to go on training and pay for it yourself but its not down to you. i remember getting pushed in at the deep end like that but i always got showed how to do it first. Good luck X
Thats awful that they expect you to carry out treatments that they ( and you ) are not covered for , surely none of you will be covered by the insurers that they use, if you have not had the training....

I agree that its unfair you have to arrange and pay for your own training. Well get the training it will give you the confidence and the ability and then as Kayleigh said, find another job and leave ...
If you look on the website for the Gbt they have a listing of trainers and training acadameys that may be in your area.
Good luck.. on a positive note it will be another string to your bow.
I attach a link to the guilds website .
Beauty Guild : Training Directory - Beauty Guild

Best wishes,

Jack

I have got a feeling Hereford College of Tech are running a intimate waxing course next jan/feb but I'm not too sure if it covers both female and male but may be worth checking into??

Vic x

Kim Lawless (The Wax Queen) is a very highly regarded trainer for intimate waxing.

I think its awful that your boss makes you carry out treatments that you are not qualified or insured in, puts you in an awkward position.

Good luck with your search for training xx

I have to do acrylic and gel nails too luckily we dont have much custom for nail extensions. It was a very uncomfortable position to be put in, I did demand training but apparently I didnt need it and it wasnt going to be provided.
I have just had an interview and trade test and got the job for a salon in my town, and they are going to send me on opi axxium gel course and for intimate waxing course so relieved.
Thank you for all your replies

omg I can't believe they were making you do gel and acrylic as well! I shudder thinking how much trouble you could have got into should anything bad have happened. Makes me question if they even bothered insuring you at all! Well done in getting out of there...lucky escape x

I think that nobody should be expected to do intimate waxing unless it was made clear at the interview.

However, times have changed and I suspect that salon owners will expect all of their therapists to be willing to do female intimate for sure. Male Intimate is something that YOU SHOULD NOT be forced to do.

Although there is a qualification that exists for Intimate Waxing, there is no formal qualification required for intimate waxing. FACT!

For your own benefit and sanity, please get good training. It will be worth it's weight in gold. xx

Latest posts

Back