INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done my first set with ilac in i3. I found shrinkage occurred at the side walls and eponychium and it also needed 3 coats and still isn't completely opaque which is disappointing.

I also tried the free bottle of xlac I received on my sister in the x-1. I only did 2 coats and again it isn't completely opaque despite giving it a good shake. Also, the thumbs didn't fully cure in their led lamp so had to do these separately. Because of this I cured the thumbs separately with the ilac and my cousin found it quite tricky.

I'll persevere as I've invested in the full kit now. Hopefully it's just a case of getting the hang of it.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404133588.935097.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404133598.208503.jpg

I find shrinking happens with me despite using INKs cuticle remover and dehydrator.

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

The only time I find I have shrinkage is when I use creme colours - I have no problems with the shimmery colours.

[QUOTE=Chantelle
Do you use LED or UV to cure? Xx

Uv at work n led at home xx

For those of you who experience shrinking I've found a solution - dry brush the base coat with a clean gel brush and the colour coats go on like a dream :)

How are you getting on with this so far hun?

I don't like it unfortunately, really wanted to but it's not for me, hasn't lasted a week, shrunk, cracked, peeled x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404333138.082675.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404333152.258462.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404333179.405473.jpg

I-7 with black konad.

I33 with i54 and hand painted flowers :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404336749.823283.jpg

I54 with tinkerbell nail art :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404494097.539746.jpg

I3 with flowers on I54 :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404494112.452354.jpg

Is anyone had trouble with the INK chipping at the free edge I cure it between each layer for 60s cap the free edge and it chips away after 4 days I had gelish on last week and didn't have this problem

I don't like it unfortunately, really wanted to but it's not for me, hasn't lasted a week, shrunk, cracked, peeled x

Same on my tried it twice now and each time it cracked at the free edge

Is anyone had trouble with the INK chipping at the free edge I cure it between each layer for 60s cap the free edge and it chips away after 4 days I had gelish on last week and didn't have this problem

It's a different product to anything I've used. Sometimes I love it and sometime I don't but I've got to grips after 4 weeks and use their LED lamp and like it. Capping every layer might cause you problems as it makes the free edge prone to damage as it's to bulky. I think this is going to be a marmite product you will love it or hate it. I find it quite runny and difficult sometimes to apply but I've had clients that get 3 weeks ware out of it. X

I only got my delivery on mon and so far I've done 6 sets (one of those on toes in the xlac and one set of the icac i33 on top of acrylics) so they haven't had them on long enough for me to see how long they are lasting.

So far Im finding I need 3 coats of colour and that sometimes shrinking can occur at the free edge. It is much runnier than shellac but I think it's a case of getting used to it.

On a more positive note I love how fast it is using the led lamp, it really does save time. I did the 2 sets earlier (tinkerbell and pink ones) with hand painted art, glitter and foils etc and it only took me 2 hours to do both sets. Plus the cuticle remover is AMAZING - we were taught to do dry cuticle work at college but this stuff gets so much dead skin off the nails it's unbelievable!!

What layers would you cap ?

What layers would you cap ?

I'm capping the base and first layer x

Here's another set I've just done on my niece in the i54. I did them on gel extensions which only the third time I've done gel extensions in my life so they're not as perfect as I'd like.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404512281.576798.jpg

Same on my tried it twice now and each time it cracked at the free edge

At the end of the day hun, i can sit here all day listening to " try this" and " i did.... And it was great " or i could cut my loses and go back to a brand i KNOW works , ink does not work for me, and i dont have the time or money to sit and try and work it out when i know others are fine without it, i wish it worked for me but it doesn't x

It's working well for me so far. I've just done another 3 sets in the i42, i3 and i42 again as the base for the gold Rockstars.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404581291.375295.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404581328.184860.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404581314.973504.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a pro only site I could sell these? I just can't get them to work for me but don't want to sell to a consumer.

Thanks x

Latest posts

Back