INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, what a fab thread!

I have bought 10 I-lac colours from Olympia.

I am in love with the consistency, the colours and the overall product. On enhancements it is lasting like a dream but I am having some trouble with the longevity of the product on natural nails (please see pic)

I am definitely capping the free edge as I also use CND Shellac.

I was just wondering if anyone has any application tips that could help with the longevity of it? I am using the rock top coat.

Thank you in advance

Jody

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446244857.901430.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446244857.901430.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 145
Hi everyone, what a fab thread!

I have bought 10 I-lac colours from Olympia.

I am in love with the consistency, the colours and the overall product. On enhancements it is lasting like a dream but I am having some trouble with the longevity of the product on natural nails (please see pic)

I am definitely capping the free edge as I also use CND Shellac.

I was just wondering if anyone has any application tips that could help with the longevity of it? I am using the rock top coat.

Thank you in advance

Jody

Did you use the full system? I.N.K do reiterate the importance of the whole system. Also what lamp did you use? I have found it doesn't cure well under the new CND LED lamp, it is better under the old CND uv lamp.

Oh that's interesting! I have used the new Cnd Led lamp. What you say it doesn't cure well, how did you find this out? X

....oh and sorry, yes I used the complete system. [emoji4]

Oh that's interesting! I have used the new Cnd Led lamp. What you say it doesn't cure well, how did you find this out? X

The base coat was not curing properly. I had a set of nails lift off in one full sheet. But only some colours. I have had the same issue with IBD Just Gel. I think it's the base coat is not curing properly. I now use the CND led for shellac, an LED lamp for the JG and my old uv for ink. The reason I use the uv for ink is because the base, colour and top are all cured for different times and I find it easier to cure each stage a full two minutes than remember the timings for each stage. If your using the full system, I am out of suggestions, sorry.

Maybe I should have kept my old UV lamp [emoji85]

I use INK and found that you really need to put the base on very thin 1 brush will do all 10 nails. if you still have problems then try the INK bonder or try youngs protien bond. Cap your base and one coat of colour the second don't cap and then cap with top coat. HTHs xx

Just waded my way through the whole thread. Seems to be a popular system. Can I ask everyone; how are you finding clients nail condition on removal? I find that with a lot of my Shellac clients their nails can be very dehydrated. Just wondered what this brand was like. Thanks everyone x

I cure my iLac in my LED CND lamp and it's perfect. Use button 2S for every coat and it works fine ☺

Just waded my way through the whole thread. Seems to be a popular system. Can I ask everyone; how are you finding clients nail condition on removal? I find that with a lot of my Shellac clients their nails can be very dehydrated. Just wondered what this brand was like. Thanks everyone x

when i remove my nails are in fab condition still :) x

Only tried it on myself so far but removal is amazing! I've never been able to get any soak off gel off my own nails without having to file most of it off, my nails grip on to gel and just refuse to let go, I never got plastic fish. To save my poor nails I've just been wearing standard lacquer. ILac is a game changer! Even with rock top coat and not breaking the seal, it all falls off easily. This afternoon I did a test nail with glitter and stamping, so 2 coats of rock top coat this time. After 15 mins wrapped it cotton, foil and the ink remover, it all fell off and nails are as healthy as they were when I started :) Damage is caused by scraping or filing during removal, not the product. With iLac you don't need to do either so no damage. Soak off solution will temporarily dehydrate a nail (acetone is a degreaser after all) but marks are from damage, not dehydration.

Regarding shellac removal, Holly/fingernailfixer has a great video discussing removal, damage v dehydration and removal impatience! Xx

Hi everyone,
New to the site and starting out (again) after many years out of the nail industry.... but very glad to have joined after seeing this thread. I've been debating on going back with CND or getting a new system and so far I have looked at Gel II and London Ink ilac and I am so drawn to ilac now....I will be ordering shortly.

Latest posts

Back