INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my A2 ink point window sticker thing today, probably put off fixing it to the window for a few days as i am terrified of messing it up, getting the bubbles out etc, has anyone had one? Are they easy to hang?

I got my A2 ink point window sticker thing today, probably put off fixing it to the window for a few days as i am terrified of messing it up, getting the bubbles out etc, has anyone had one? Are they easy to hang?
Are these available to order from the website? I would love one for my salon window :) x

No, but i have annoyed them enough for promo stuff by email, i got permission to use the logo and they sent me some other bits by email then the window display arrived in the post! Good day apart from my hubby crying over the football

I need some help please. I'm using INK London ilac polishes and love them. I have a client who comes to me. She has several weak nails but these are much improved since she started coming to me. As a treat, she always has a luxury manicure and has recently started having the gel polish. But I find there is some shrinking at the side walls. I had her again last night and it was better but not good enough.
So this is what I do - I file and shape the nails, use cuticle massage cream and soak for a couple of minutes. I then use cuticle removal cream and do cuticle work. I then do an exfoliation on her hands, wash them then buff and shine the nails. I then clean the nails with sanitiser and INK London's dehydrator before applying base coat, colour then top coat. For my luxury manicure, I usually apply body butter and do a hand massage after exfoliating the hands but didn't do this last night until after the polish had been applied to see if that helped against shrinking as I was thinking too much product on the nails.
I'm meticulous in cleaning the nails but I must be missing something. I've even spoken to Lee at INK London and he says it must be my prep work too but I'm very conscious about cleansing the nails.
Can someone please advice,even if its just to tell me I'm still doing my prep work wrong. The luxury manicure is something my client doesn't want to give up and she likes the ilac gel polishes too.
Thanks.

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your doing it the wrong way round do your full ilac service using just cuticle remover no soaking, remove cuticles wipe with water on a lint free pad to remove the product then dehydrator then apply your base etc. Once you've completed the full service then do your manicure but don't soak as its not recommended anymore as its been proven to damage nails, the only reason they used to soak is to soften cuticles but the products we use are a lot better quality now. I also wouldn't bother with Cuticle massage cream its unnecessary unfortunately the nvq still teaches the old fashioned way. It may be worth investing in a better cuticle remover I use cnd as your cuticle remover may be oily. There is also no need to buff to a shine if your applying polish/gel polish.

When doing your base make sure your completely covering the sides of the nails (I always paint 3 times down the sides to make sure its completely covered) otherwise the colour will shrink up to the base coat.

Your doing it the wrong way round do your full ilac service using just cuticle remover no soaking, remove cuticles wipe with water on a lint free pad to remove the product then dehydrator then apply your base etc. Once you've completed the full service then do your manicure but don't soak as its not recommended anymore as its been proven to damage nails, the only reason they used to soak is to soften cuticles but the products we use are a lot better quality now. I also wouldn't bother with Cuticle massage cream its unnecessary unfortunately the nvq still teaches the old fashioned way. It may be worth investing in a better cuticle remover I use cnd as your cuticle remover may be oily. There is also no need to buff to a shine if your applying polish/gel polish.

When doing your base make sure your completely covering the sides of the nails (I always paint 3 times down the sides to make sure its completely covered) otherwise the colour will shrink up to the base coat.

Thankyou so much for that. I'll try it that way and hope that helps. I'm assuming it's still on to continue the luxury manicure after I've applied the gel polish? I'm surprised Lee at INK London didn't advise this. Thanks, Petal :)

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

Lovely design :)

Can I ask what the INK branded thing is in the pic and where you got it from? Looks great! Thanks

I can email u it if u want xx

Thankyou so much for that. I'll try it that way and hope that helps. I'm assuming it's still on to continue the luxury manicure after I've applied the gel polish? I'm surprised Lee at INK London didn't advise this. Thanks, Petal :)

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes once complete do your mani or pedi as normal, I start with exfoliation then mask, massage then I always give nails another wipe with alcohol/cleanser to make sure they're still nice and shiny then the apply cuticle oil.

Its silly but the things they teach you on your courses aren't always necessary ive never soaked nails (except pedicures), used cuticle massage cream,a chamois leather buffer or buffing paste since college it a waste, gel polish usually fills any ridges in the nails.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403556767.029346.jpg

nice, my new fave is i-11 neon orange! its lush

Today's mani after removing my acrylics. Not sure how long I'll last without the length though!

And excuse the terrible paint job. Decided to do it at 11pm so a bit if a rush! Lol

I-32

Toes re-done to match after wearing iLac rock stars for about 7 weeks!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403822883.236300.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403822895.577194.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403877360.945636.jpg I-56 with matte top coat I did a couple of days ago x

i-43 nude pastel, more nude than pink but still lovely :)

Attachments

• i-43.jpg
    i-43.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 334
i-43 nude pastel, more nude than pink but still lovely :)

Yey I ordered this one today! My package is arriving on mon. Can't wait! :)

This is i-58 glitterati with swarovski crystals :)

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403909662540.jpg
    1403909662540.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 305

Oooh, that is nice, think I might be ordering this one next time! x

Woop I picked this colour too! The weekend is going to drag now waiting for my delivery on mon!! :)

I-25 (Midnight emerald) with an overlay on thumbs, middle and little fingers in i-59 (All gold glitter) with gems.

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403982667068.jpg
    1403982667068.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 305
Woop my order just arrived! I ordered it on fri around 5pm and here it is, which is what I call fast delivery. They sent a free bottle of cuticle oil too which I thought was a nice touch. I have my cousin coming at 1pm to test them out! Can't wait!! :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404120186.601210.jpg

Back