Inner wax container - How to remove?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhona_

Reaction score
Hi girls! Usually I'm perfectly happy just browsing around the boards unregistered, because practically all of my questions have been asked and answered in the past already.... But this one needed a new thread! (Sorry if it's been asked already, nothing was coming up on my searches.)

I have a Hive 1000c Digital Heater, which currently has some cheapy honey wax in it. I want to change to Perron Rigot, so I figured my best best would be to buy a new inner container and start fresh.. But I can't get mine out to change it!? I've barely even used the heater, it's near enough immaculate so I can't see how it's stuck. I'm scared I'll pull the handle off if I tug any harder!

Another option would be to melt the wax and pour it out before switching to the other wax, but I don't know if this would work well enough? And would also be quite messy, I imagine.

I feel so silly... Please give me your wax switching tips!

Sounds like some wax has melted and got underneath..
Use the high heat mode and when its really hot you should be able to get the pot out ; you may need to use a wooden spatula to gently lift the edge a bit to get it out.
If you pour the old melted wax into a suitable container to dispose of and then heat the pot in the heater with the remaining bits of wax and then use couch roll or kitchen roll to clean out the excess ( when its hot you get it out easier) then put some wax equipment cleaner inside the pot to pick up any other wax bits then it should be cleared out.

Jack

If there's wax in the bucket, turn the heater on full and it should loosen. If the bucket has never been used, spray some lubricant (WD40 or oil) in between the bucket and the heater and that should do it.

You know.. I never even thought of heating it and trying it that way!! That makes so much sense now. Hopefully I can get it to shift.

Thanks you two, very helpful!

Haha! Definitely heat it first.

Don't be afraid to give it some welly and give it a good tug though. I just cleaned the inside of mine and it needed a good pull xx

Sounds like some wax has melted and got underneath..
Use the high heat mode and when its really hot you should be able to get the pot out ; you may need to use a wooden spatula to gently lift the edge a bit to get it out.
If you pour the old melted wax into a suitable container to dispose of and then heat the pot in the heater with the remaining bits of wax and then use couch roll or kitchen roll to clean out the excess ( when its hot you get it out easier) then put some wax equipment cleaner inside the pot to pick up any other wax bits then it should be cleared out.

Jack

You obviously know what you're talking about Jack. I've also done this many times when trying out different waxes! Fleur

as said above, heat it really hot and it will eventually slide out. Be very careful tho not to burn yourself!

Latest posts

Back