instrument disinfection jars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marketing-geek

Reaction score
How often do you change the solution in your disinfection jar?

Hiya , i change mine everyday when it has been used HTH xx

I change it daily or more if required (i.e if the solution is diluted or soiled).
These are the insrtructions provided with Barbicide.
Why do ya wanna know?!

RuthW said:
I change it daily or more if required (i.e if the solution is diluted or soiled).
These are the insrtructions provided with Barbicide.
Why do ya wanna know?!

Doing some research for a lecture I'm giving at Olympia next Sunday.

Hands up and say I never changed it often enough and I used a Barbicide manicure jar, so instruments weren't even fully submerged.

Now I change weekly or more often if required and I have a tool container and tray which ensures that tools are fully submerged.

Cathie! said:
Hands up and say I never changed it often enough and I used a Barbicide manicure jar, so instruments weren't even fully submerged.

Now I change weekly or more often if required and I have a tool container and tray which ensures that tools are fully submerged.

Its trues Cathie, where I used to work in all 3 salons I must say I hardly ever saw anyone change the solution. Even me:o !!! Glad to say we never had any come backs and that I know much better.

We use barbicide, and change it daily, but twice a day if its soiled. We also use chlorispray, which we use to sanitise our files with prior to use and after use on each client.

Once a week or sooner if the solution appears dirty - that's the advice given by Mundo for the rapid instrument and tool disinfectant that I use in a tool tray. I also use the hard surface disinfectant spray from them, it's really good stuff.

I don't use barbicide anymore as some of my tools were going rusty. Now I scrub each tool with a toothbrush and a bit of detergent then spray with chlorispray and keep them in a sterile box until needed.

I change mine once a week,i use to have the barbicide jar but the cuticle pusheres would always go to the bottom:irked: and i would have to throw it out just to get my implements that went to the bottom.:cry:

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

I change it as per manufactures recommendation.

At the moment I scrub all my tools with water and antibacterial soap and then soak them in Barbicide. I have a tool jar for my table and a tray to completely submerge.

I am looking into changing my solution to the new Mundo range as I'm also finding that Barbicide makes some of my tools go rusty even though it says that it prevents this.

Eva

Hi
Change mine around 3 time a week..when finished in clinic for the weekend i have a spring clean..i soak all tools in boiling water dry with clean paper towel, then wipe over all hard surface with chlorispray..Take laundry home vac and mop floors..clean and fresh for nxt week:green:
Jen

Latest posts

Back