Insurance companies with monthly payment schemes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loualarta

Reaction score
Hello
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any insurance companies do monthly instalments for a mobile nail and tanning tech?
I know insurance is only between £40-£80 but I just haven't got it. I don't really work at the moment and need to start getting myself out there as the goverment have cut my tax credits by £120 a month and I need to get back to work and don't want to work without insurance. Any help would be great x

Just bumping this

No insurance companies are going to do installments for this amount of money. It is hard to get started but once you get going you will soon make this money back. I started off when I was a single mum so I know how difficult things can be. Maybe you could do some friends and family for a reduced rate as models getting them to sign a disclaimer first, that way you could get the money together for your insurance.:wink2:

No disclaimer will stand up in court; you simply can't get people to sign away their rights.

Direct line said they did instalments. It only worked out at £4 something a month until I told them I needed spray tanning covered. It's about the only thing they won't insure lol

I was thinking the same thing too, £40 isn't a lot but I can think of lots of things £40 could buy me instead!

Hello
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any insurance companies do monthly instalments for a mobile nail and tanning tech?
I know insurance is only between £40-£80 but I just haven't got it. I don't really work at the moment and need to start getting myself out there as the goverment have cut my tax credits by £120 a month and I need to get back to work and don't want to work without insurance. Any help would be great x

I know it's not ideal, but Do you have any family / friends that could lend you the £40 so you could get your insurance and you could give them the money back as soon as you earn it? Or ask them if you can pay them back monthly? (whilst doing this though, also put the money aside for next years insurance so you are not in the same position at renewal)
Whatever you do, PLEASE don't be tempted to start without insurance! It's not worth the risk. I'm sure most of us have never had to use our insurance, but it would just take 1 little mishap or even a spillage (if mobile) and you'd need it and it's sods law this would happen when you don't have cover. So as I said before, it's really not worth the risk. I hope you find a way of getting it :)
(alternatively... Do you have a credit card you could get it on?) xxx

Or get some very good friends, neighbours and family to buy some sort of voucher credit with you for treatments. If they buy £10 worth you'll double it..to be used from July when you'll have insurance! Ask them to chip in now to help you get started and you'll no doubt look after them long term anyways ;)

Or get some very good friends, neighbours and family to buy some sort of voucher credit with you for treatments. If they buy £10 worth you'll double it..to be used from July when you'll have insurance! Ask them to chip in now to help you get started and you'll no doubt look after them long term anyways ;)

What a great idea!

OP - do you have enough money for start up products? It can be a bit of a shock as to how much it can cost starting up :) xxx

Could you not get an interest free credit card or ask a family member to get you one. That way you would get 6 mths to pay it off. I dont mean to sound mean though if you can't afford insurance can you afford to buy stock xxx

I dont mean to sound mean though if you can't afford insurance can you afford to buy stock xxx

that was my point too cabby, not being mean either, but it can be a bit of a shock to the system when you start buying stock, I thought I had everything to get started.... How wrong was I?! I spent a fortune (that I didn't have, good job I had an interest free credit card! Lol) xxx

This might be of interest to you, I've just been getting quotes for insurance myself and salon gold do offer monthly payment plans.
They charge an extra £20 on top of quote but if you dont have the cash for the full year up front it would benefit you to pay the extra and have instalments

Thanks for all your replies. Effie that sounds good. If I get a min I will call them tomorrow. I've been trained as a nail and spray tanning tech since 2005, just haven't worked in the last few years properly due to the kids and not really needed to. Unfortunately that's not the case anymore and things are very tight. I need to work now just don't have big lumps of cash as I'm going to need tan etc too. Anything to cut down the amount I need to pay upfront would really help. X

Latest posts

Back