Insurance for Beauty & Retail together?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewNailsbyJulie

Reaction score
Hi all....

Myself and my friend are setting up business together in a unit within a craft village. We are looking into various insurances but was wondering if anyone can recommend a company?

The thing is, we will be doing mainly gel nail extensions, manicures and spray tanning, but we will also be selling jewellery (in a display cabinet) and my own art. This will be paintings and other artistic items on the walls.

So we are beauty AND retail so I wonder if we will have to have 2 types of insurance?

I have already been told by a company that provide card machines/terminals that we would need to have TWO machines, which means TWO times the set up fee and TWO times the monthly charge!
How would they know what our payments were for???

Any ideas anyone....thanx

Hi all....

Myself and my friend are setting up business together in a unit within a craft village. We are looking into various insurances but was wondering if anyone can recommend a company?

The thing is, we will be doing mainly gel nail extensions, manicures and spray tanning, but we will also be selling jewellery (in a display cabinet) and my own art. This will be paintings and other artistic items on the walls.

So we are beauty AND retail so I wonder if we will have to have 2 types of insurance?

I have already been told by a company that provide card machines/terminals that we would need to have TWO machines, which means TWO times the set up fee and TWO times the monthly charge!
How would they know what our payments were for???

Any ideas anyone....thanx

Hi Julie and welcome

First things first WHAT do the mean 2 machines I have never heard of this before. Lets say you go to Adsda the put everthing through the one card machine regardless of food/cloths/CD's etc.

As far as Insurance honey shop around for the best I am with NIG or NGI can remember which way round they are part of the Royal bank of Scotland They offer treatment/equipment/contents and stock cover

Hope this helps

Sounds like the card machine company are trying to pull a swift one, give them a wide berth hun,
salon gold will put together one policy for you to cover everything and are very reasonable,
you will find them if you google them, hth :hug:

I KNOW Tracey!!!!!!! TWO machines, they're avin a laf:lol:

I will phone the company again tomorrow to see if someone else says the same, and I will check with some other companies.

The insurance issue is ongoing......

Thanxxx

What???
Why would you need two machines for one company and one bank account?
We recently switched over to 'streamline' and they've been great for us.
Not only do we get a walk about card machine (it works via Bluetooth and is handy for customers in the one stop shop). But we've saved a fortune on charges....though I believe it's charges are slightly higher for the business credit card.
Streamline has been great for us, so much so I have recommended them to everyone I know

It was Streamline who I called!!!

I wil def be phoning them again tomorrow....she she was sure that because we were beauty AND retail we had to have 2 machines......eek!

Your Kidding!
How daft does my post look now! :irked:
Look into it further sweetie.
I know a collegue of mine within the nail industry got a good deal through HSBC
All the same, you dont need to make a quick decision do you?
Walk away and tell them that you'll get back to them.
They'll be chasing you within 24hrs believe me.
Good Luck!!!!
Lisa x

I have just phoned Cardsave asnd they sound promising......they use the Streamline machines and say we only need one machine for one business and one bank account, so I think the women I spoke to before must have got her wires crossed!

Glad to hear your getting it sorted sweetie
Like I said one company, one bank account. Why confuse things.
Obviously she did.
I like the streamline machine and I really hope it works for you too.
Lisa x

mybe they thought u and your friend were both running your own business, meaning you each needed a machine.

Latest posts

Back