Insurance help needed with tint reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't the client sign a record card? I am a little confused...

Probably down to keeping a copy of the clients signature, you could use it for fraud maybe? Data protection law is a minefield!

Ah this thread scares the bejesus out of me, would hate to be in this situation I feel so bad for your friend :(

Regards recording evidence of patch testing, just ask your insurer how they would like it done. They may be satisfied with a note on the record card or on your computer system stating when the test was carried out and not require the client to sign any documentation.

Data Protection law is pretty straightforward. It's about keeping accurate records securely and not disclosing client details to third parties. If you are a member of a trade association, they can usually offer training & advice in this area. Otherwise, local authority advice centres, Citizens Advice etc. can provide guidance for self employed stylists and salon owners.

All of the pre printed record cards require client signatures... I'm confused!

AcidPerm is right. Data protection is just that.....protecting the clients personal data.
You can keep records, get the clients to sign consent forms, keep contact detail etc. But all records must be kept secure, only accessed by those authorised to do so, not disclosed to third parties.

So update. The woman is definitely suing her.
She is getting a solicitor to see what they can do to help her. X

So update. The woman is definitely suing her.
She is getting a solicitor to see what they can do to help her. X

A worrying time for your friend but hopefully she will get through to the other side with a lesson learnt!
Keep us posted, think it will help to remind everyone to be extra careful with this sort of thing.

Anymore on your friends case? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back