Insurance renewal- confused?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm Hoping that someone can tell me if im right or wrong here.
I'm insured with Salon Gold. I got a letter to say that I need to renew as my policy runs out on the 8th April. It says 'in order to maintain cover under this policy, please ensure your cover reaches us by the renewal date'.

Well it didn't reach them by the renewal date as the 8th was a Sunday and the Monday was a bank holiday and I didn't work either of them. So I decided to call them on the tues 10th and start it again from then. I paid for my next years policy plus added another treatment which cost me extra.

They've emailed me all of the info and I have emailed to ask why they have started my policy from the 8th this time when I paid on the 10th ( plus a new treatment which wasn't anything to do with the previous policy)

I've asked them to change it and they won't. I know it's only 2 days and I am the least tightest person on the planet but I don't like being ripped off.

Can someone please clarify if I am in the wrong here?

Thank you
Kylie -x-

If you want your insurance to renew from the previous year and have continues cover then yes they are right to do what they have.

If their is a break in cover, even for two days then this would be classed as a new policy and you may have been charged even more 'as a new customer'. Or not enjoyed current benefits.

The fact you didn't work the two days between is irrelevant.

Hope this helps
Lilian

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

If you want your insurance to renew from the previous year and have continues cover then yes they are right to do what they have.

If their is a break in cover, even for two days then this would be classed as a new policy and you may have been charged even more 'as a new customer'. Or not enjoyed current benefits.

The fact you didn't work the two days between is irrelevant.

Hope this helps
Lilian

Thank you hunni. I don't get it any cheaper even though I haven't claimed so I may as well just not renew and start a new policy. That was my plan anyway. They still won't have it though.

Strictly speaking you shouldn't have a break in cover, even if you move insurance companies. Think of it as the same as your car insurance.

Your insurance company are right in what they have done. If you now try to cancel the policy its unlikely your get back the full premium as they have covered you for several days.

Personal, learn from it and move on. Obtain new quotes to the run up to your next renewal. (Probably not what you want to hear)

Lilian x

Latest posts

Back