Insurance...something I didn't know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuntersue

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just had my insurance renewed, and whilst reading through, notice that I am not insured to have children in my treatment room (I am based at home) I never realised this, and a lot of my clients bring small children with them while getting a treatment.
So, if the child knocks something over itself, or over your beautiful wooden floor, or your clients handbag - you are NOT insured for it.
Just wanted to share that with everyone, as I didn't realise until now, and if anything did happen, it would be truly awful!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. A reminder to us all to read the policy in full, even the boring bits cos theres always a few catches in there!

That's absolutely critical to read and understand the terms of the insurance then, as if a child gets injured in your treatment room (e.g. if they are playing with the cable on your wax pot and end up with serious burns from having hot wax land on them) then you're likely to end up being sued for tens of thousands of pounds - which - if your insurance won't pay out - could potentially lead to you losing your home in order to pay the compensation!

gosh this post gave me shivers - well more ruths post to be honest because i never even thought of a child pulling a wax pot over! i just thought of a chil dknocking products over from a shelf! so lucky for you that you read this. how are you going to deal with it? are you going to ask clients not to bring children or sign something (not sure if that would make any difference?) x

You should always reqad your policy details in full when you receive them. No two insurance companies are the same, so the policies will all be different, and should be read everytime you change policies.

I never have clients children in my room. I have a 'friend' who comes round with her child. Her mother does not know what disapline (sp) means. She refuses to stay out of my room, mother says nothing and i'm fed up of running up/down stairs trying to keep her out. I'm also fed up of informing 'friend' her child cant go in room and to watch her.
I was thinking of having disclaimers written out and making the mother sign them if she insists on coming to my house with her child.
Not sure how it would go down with her. I also need to check with my insurance company.

Latest posts

Back