Insurance with a foreign qualification

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airendaie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I was wondering if any other geeks have been in this situation and found a solution. I trained in beauty therapy abroad (in France) and moved to the UK 18months ago. I'm employed by a salon who just took a photocopy of my certificate for their insurers. However when I contact insurance companies to get insurance for treatments they just say they cannot insure me with a foreign diploma. It's just for friends & family but you never know better to be insured!

Only one company have been helpful in pointing me to UK NARIC who do 'certificate of comparability' services. This is the only way I can find to progress. Has any one else used this service? Did it help you get your qualifications accepted? If anyone has any tips that could save me the fee for their 'certificate' that would be great! But if not I guess I will go down that road and hopefully it will work.

Thanks for your time :lol:

Try salon gold, you will have to ring them and they will need to see a copy of your certificate but they will check if they can cover you

We may be able to help you. If you send in a copy of your certificate we will take a look and see if we can offer cover. Feel free to give us a call on 0845 2177 383 for advice.

Latest posts

Back